I love u to pieces

Carter's p.o.v

It's been a few days and I am currently in Nashville doing interviews and performances.

"So I heard that you preformed with 5sos on stage." Amy, the lady who is interviewing me said.

"Yeah, I did." I smiled proudly. I loved being on stage with them. It was so much fun.

"How was that?" She asked smiling.

"It was honestly amazing. Those boys are my best friends. I've known them since before my career. They are wonderful guys, they really are. Being on stage and being able to perform with them was an honor." I smiled.

"That's so sweet! I was so excited to see you guys perform together. You guys are simply amazing. You said you've known them for a while, do you guys ever fight?" Amy asked.

"I mean, Luke and I do a lot. The other guys and I have a couple of times, but it just makes our friendships stronger. I love them so much; life wouldn't be the same without them." I answered truthfully.

"That's so amazing. We are almost out of time! Tell us where you are preforming."

~~~~

It's almost time for me to perform. Tonight I release Nighingale. I am so excited.

I know I'm gonna cry. There's no doubt. My dad is here with me, and I'm glad he is.

I am wearing a light pink crop
Top, skinny jeans, and white high heel ankle booties.

My hair is curled and my makeup is done as usual. "Are you ready?" Scooter asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smiled. My dad kissed my cheek. "Go get 'em, baby!" He told me. I smiled and put my ear pieces in.

I grabbed my mic and headed on stage. "Hello everyone." I said smiling.

I sat on a stool that was placed for me. I smiled as I looked in the crowd.

"So um, this first song is a new one. It means a lot to me." I said weakly smiling.

"I'm never really open about my birth parents death, and after so many years, I'm finally working on getting some peace. I hope you enjoy this song." I smiled.

I can't sleep tonight. Wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised. I need a voice to echo. I need a light to take me home, I kinda need a hero, is it you?

I closed my eyes and I felt tears form in my eyes. I tired to hold them back for as long as possible.

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody. Baby I'm a little blind. I think its time for you to find me.

Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there. You could be my sanity. Bring me peace, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale.

Somebody speak to me, cause i'm feeling like hell. Need you to answer me, I'm overwhelmed. I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home, I need a star to follow, I dont know.

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody. Baby I'm a little blind, I think it's time for you to find me Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there. You could be my sanity. Bring me peace, sing me to sleep.

Say you'll be my nightingale. I don't know what I'd do without you, Your words are like a whisper cutting through. As long as you are with me here tonight, I'm good.

At this point I was balling. I miss my parents. I know they are watching over me, but I miss them.

Can you be my nightingale? Feels so close, I know you're there. Oh, nightingale. Sing to me, I know you're there.

At this point, I broke down. I looked up at the sky and let my years fall down my face.

'Cause baby you're my sanity. You bring me peace, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale. Oh. Mm, mn. mm.

I looked down at the floor as the crowd cheered, and it brought me back up.

"Thank you." I said smiling. The next song began and I smiled.

I remember years ago. Someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love. I did, I did. And you were strong and I was not.

My illusion, my mistake. I was careless, I forgot. I did. And now when all is done, there is nothing to say. You have gone and so effortlessly.

You have won, you can go ahead and tell them. Tell them all I know now. Shout it from the roof tops. Write it on the skyline. All we had is gone now.

Tell them I was happy. And my heart is broken. All my scars are open. Tell them what I hoped would be impossible, impossible.

Impossible, Impossible. I remember years ago, someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love. I did. Tell them all I know now.

Shout it from the roof tops. Write it on the skyline. All we had is gone now. Tell them I was happy. And my heart is broken. All my scars are open.

Tell them what I hoped would be Impossible, Impossible. Impossible, Impossible. Impossible, Impossible. Impossible...

Impossible, Impossible. Impossible, Impossible. Impossible, Impossible. Impossible, Impossible.

I looked into the crowd as the song ended and saw a poster that said 'you saved me. I love you.'

I smiled. This is why I do what I do, and why I love it. I love people so much, my fans. They're amazing.

~~~~

I am in my hotel room with my dad. I went on Twitter and saw a tweet that made my heart melt.

'Today Carter Caylen performed a song called Nightingale, and got real emotional.. she misses her parents. @CarterCaylen they are here watching over you.💜 I know they are so damn proud!'

I smiled and retweeted and tweeted some things.

'@CarterCaylen: miss my Bradley.😔 can't wait to see you! I love you!💜 @thevampsbrad'

'@CarterCaylen: was very emotional tonight when I sang the first song...'

'@CarterCaylen: I miss my mom && dad, but I am soooo thankful for @jccaylen'

'@CarterCaylen: god has plans for everyone. Although you hurt, it always turns out okay. <3'

'@CarterCaylen: I love u all so much. Thank u for everything; your love and kind words. I love u to pieces'

I saw that Kian, Trevor, Bradley, Calum and Luke tweeted me.

'@kianlawley: ur parents are always there. They love u so much, it's a given. You're making them proud. Love you. @CarterCaylen'

'@trevormoran: I love you so much. You're so wonderful.💜 I miss you soo much. Can't wait to see you. @CarterCaylen'

'@thevampsbrad: I miss you too, baby. I'll see you real soon. ☺️ I love you my gorgeous princess!❤️ @CarterCaylen'

'@calumhood: you are so positive. I look up to you. Keep being amazing. @CarterCaylen'

'@lukehemmings: best friend, I love you. Thank you for being so great. Your mum and dad are proud, I know it.👌 @CarterCaylen'

I smiled and locked my phone. "You need to rest, baby." Dad said. I nodded and crawled in my bed, next to dad.

I quickly drifted off to sleep.

Jc's p.o.v

I looked at my gorgeous baby girl. She is my everything. I love her so much.

I will never be her mom and dad, and I know she misses them. I am so thankful for her.

She is one of the most amazing gifts god has ever given me. I know no different than being a dad.

I know I'm not the best dad, but I try to be. I want to give Carter everything. She is my little princess.