So Why Don't You?

Carter's p.o.v

It's been over two months, and I have been divorced for about a month.

At first, Bradley refused to sign the divorce papers, but then gave in. I have been looking for a nice house for me and my babies to move into.

Kian and Selena might adopt Dylan, which means he wouldn't be my kid anymore.

It does kill me, but I just want Dylan to be happy. And if that's what makes him happy, then so be it.

Me and Luke hang out a lot more. Madison is on set a lot, and she is dating her costar, Peyton Meyer.

Mason is focused on school and getting the best grades possible. Lily is dating Luke Brooks from the janoksians and he is super sweet.

Paris talks a lot more and says more words than before. Casey can crawl now and he does an amazing job.

The kids go to their dads on Friday afternoons and return Sunday mornings.

It sucks having them gone, because I miss the hell out of my little babes. My dad has been so helpful.

He has not only given me a place to stay, but has been my emotional support.

I couldn't have asked for a better dad. We have seen so many houses, and I like none of them.

Me, Luke, & my dad are going to see one more house today. The kids are at their dads since it's Saturday.

We got to the house that we are going to see, and the outside of it was beautiful.

~~~~~~~~

It's been a few hours and I finally found a home. I fell in love with the home that we saw today.

I sighed the papers, and it's mine. And the best part is, I can move in as soon as possible.

"We can go to Brad's place to get all your things right now." Luke suggested.

"That would be great. Do you have boxes?" My dad asked me. "There's a whole bunch in the basement." I answered.

We headed to the house. Bradley was outside with the kids. "I'm going to get my things." I told him.

He simply nodded. I went in the house, and we headed to the basement and got all the boxes down there.

"We should start with your room." My dad said. We got up to the room, and took all my clothes out of there.

After an hour or so, we moved on to my shoes and other things like that. I got all my bathroom stuff, and what not.

"Can I... Uh talk to you privately, Carter?" Bradley asked. "Um, I guess." I said.

Luke and my dad headed downstairs to be with the kids for now.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. I messed up, I really did." He said.

"It's in the past." I said as I continued to pack my things. "I'm guessing you found a new home?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it." I told him. "I was just saying... You can take whatever you want." He said.

"I don't need your things." I answered. "So this is it? You're not going to talk to me anymore?" He asked.

"No. The only thing we'll ever talk about is the kids, and that's all. We don't need to talk about anything else." I said.

He nodded and left. 6 hours later, I had everything I wanted packed. Luke had called a moving truck, and got everything loaded.

We went furniture shopping, bought some new beds for the kids, decorations, couches, tv's, everything.

After we got everything, we headed to my new house and unpacked everything.

"Thank you guys for helping me move in." I told Luke and my dad as they hugged me.

"Of course, if you need anything, just let me know." My dad smiled. "I love you, dad!" I said.

"I love you too. I have to go now." He said heading out. "Bye dad. Drive safe." I told him.

"Bye guys!" My dad said before leaving. "Your house is nice, but I have to head home now." Luke told me.

"Thank you!" I smiled. He left, leaving me alone. I sat in my bed, feeling happier than ever.

I finally have my own home, and I no longer have to stay up wondering where my husband is.

As I walked up the stairs, i walked upstairs smiling to myself. "I'm free." I said to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few days, and the kids no longer want to be around their dad, who is by the way, dating Kendall now.

She always sends me messages that are rude and nasty. She's rude and irrelevant.

My kids don't want to be around their dad anymore, because he always puts Kendall before them.

They have been staying with me for a few days now. They called me in the middle of the night, because Kendall and Bradley were doing it in the living room upstairs.

Yesterday, Bradley caused a scene with the kids, where the neighbors called child protective services, and the kids now have restraining orders on their dad. Bradley and Kendall ended up kidnapping Casey, then were found and sent to jail for a while.

Bradley can't be near the kids anymore. Two days ago, I went on a date with Luke, and it was perfect.

We went for dinner and then we came back here and had game night with the kids.

It was perfect. I'm starting to finally realized how I feel about Luke. All these years, I didn't want to believe I had feelings for him.

I wanted to believe Bradley was the love of my life, and he wasn't. I just want to be happy.

"Is luke coming over? I like it when he comes over." Mason told me. "He's coming for game night, babe." I answered him.

Dylan got adopted by Kian and Selena, so he no longer lives with me.

"Good. I love when he comes over. He is so much fun to be around. If you don't marry him, I will." Madison teased.

"You are so weird, Mads." I laughed. "I'll go get Casey and the board games." Lily said heading upstairs.

"Do you guys like our new house?" I asked the kids. "Yeah, I love it here." Madison said.

"It's honestly perfect, I can take so many good pictures of nature." Mason said.

"You and your camera, child," I laughed. "Where's Paris?" "She's sleeping on the couch." Mason answered me.

"Go wake her up, nicely!" I said. Mason did as I told him. He did as I told him.

Luke came over and we played games for a while. "I love it when you come over. Just move in with us already!" Lily told Luke.

"I love spending time with you guys too. And I wish, Lils. I wish I could move in with you guys." He said.

"So why don't you?" I asked him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: don't forget to comment/vote guys.😚 I'll be responding to all your comments/messages.☺️ but the rest of chapters are going to be amazing and I hope you guys enjoy them.
~Melanie Faith.