Why Try.

Carter's p.o.v

It's been a couple of days, and today Bradley has his first therapy session. Connor, James, & Tristan are here along with my dad and Lily. They are going to help him walk. I am really excited, and so is he. "Is your robe tied in the back?" The doctor asked Brad.

"Yes, I think." He laughed. The doctor checked, and made sure his robe was secured in the back. "Are you ready Bradley?" The doctor asked. "As ready as I'll ever be." He smiled lightly. "Carter, I'm going to need you to support him." The doctor said as we walked in the hall.

Brad was in a wheelchair. We stopped, and I helped Bradley. My dad had Lily in his arms. "Are you ready?" I asked Brad. He nodded. I grabbed his hand, and he held on it tight.

He walked a little slowly, but he walked. I smiled at him. "I'm doing it." He smiled. "Yeah, keep doing it." I smiled widely at him.

He wobbled a little, but got back on track. "Okay, I think we are done for today." The doctor smiled as he helped Brad in his wheelchair. "At this rate, you'll be out in no time."

Bradley was back on his bed. I put Lily on my lap, and she played with my hair. "babe, you should go home for a bit." Brad told me. "We'll stay with him." James said. "Okay, I guess." I said getting up.

"Say bye bye to daddy." I told Lily. She got on his bed, and carefully kissed him. "Wuv you dadda." She smiled. "Love you baby." He said hugging her. She jumped back in my arms.

"I'll be back in a few hours. Love you." I said kissing him. "Okay, love you baby." He said smiling. "ill stay with him." Dad told me. "Alright. See you." I smiled.

I got mine and Lily's things, and headed out. We got in the elevator, and headed to the lobby. There were paps out, and I ignored it as much as I could.

I got Lily in her car seat as soon as we got to the car. I made sure she was secure before I got in and started the car. When I got home, Justin's car was parked in the driveway.

I got Lily, and walked inside. "hey." Justin smiled. "hey." I said as I put Lily down. "Do you want me to watch Lily while you sleep?" Justin asked me. "Uh, in a little yeah." I said sitting down.

"Okay. How's Brad doing?" Justin asked me. "He was able to walk for the first time again today." I smiled widely. "That's good! So he should be home in no time, right?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, I am so glad he's okay." I smiled. lily was sitting in front of the tv. She was watching Bubble Guppies. "I just want him to be home. I'm tired of being at the hospital, and him being in there. It sucks." I sighed.

"Yeah, I know." Justin said weakly smiling at me. "He's a fighter, though. He'll recover fast." I smiled.

~

I have a performance in 5 minutes. I didn't want to do it, but I miss working. I am performing Why Try. I am wearing simple jeans and a crop top with some high heels.

I walked out on stage. "Hello everyone!" I smiled before the song came one.

I've been living with devils and angels, angels, angles. Realized we were not in the same boat, same boat, yeah.

Kills me, how you love me then you cut me down, I'll do the same. We've been living like angels and devils, devils.

I'm loving the pain. I never wanna live without it. So why do I try? You drive me insane. Now we're screaming just to see who's louder.

So why do I try? You got me like (na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na) (oh yeah)

You and I redefine being lovesick, love sick, love sick. Through it all, you could still make my heart skip, heart skip, oh yeah.

Even when you're yelling at me, I still think you're beautiful. Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip.

I'm loving the pain. And I never wanna love without it. So why do I try? You drive me insane. Now we're screaming just to see who's louder. So why do I try?

You got me like (na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na) oh baby, look at us. We've been living like angels, living like devils.

Oh baby look at us, we've been loving like angels, loving like devils. Oh baby, look at us, we've been living like angles, living like devils. Oh baby, look at us, we've been loving like angles, loving like devils. Oh baby look.

I'm loving the pain. I never wanna live without it. So why do I try? (Do I try) you drive me insane. Now we're screaming just to see who's louder. So why do I try?

You got me like (na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na)

"Thank you guys! Love you!" I said as I finished the song and got off stage. I quickly changed in my dressing room, and headed to the hospital. when I got there, James & Tristan were there.

"We saw your performance. You killed it, love." Bradley smiled at me as u kissed him. "Thanks." I smiled. The nurse came in and changed his IV. "You have a therapy session in an hour." She told him.

"Sounds good, thanks." He told her. "How are you feeling?" I asked Bradley as I sat next to him. "I feel a bit dizzy, & tired." He sighed. "Do you want me to tell the doctor?" I asked him.

"Um, yeah please." He said. I pushed the call button, and the doctor came in. "he says he's feeling a bit dizzy, is that normal?" I asked. "Yes, it is. We're trying a new medication for him. The last one didn't help control the pain, and this one seems to work. He'll be dizzy for a few minutes." The doctor explained.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." I smiled. "Yeah, any other questions?" He asked. "Uh, no, I think we're good. Thanks." I smiled. "I feel like shit." Brad said in a soft voice.

"I'm gonna go get some food downstairs. I'll be back." Tristan said. We nodded. "I love watching you preform. you look so beautiful." Bradley told me as he played with my hand. "You are the sweetest." I smiled.

James was asleep. "I really want to get out of here. This is so frustrating. I hate it." Brad cried. "It's okay, love. You'll be out in no time, I promise." I said kissing his cheek.