If I Can Hate You, Why Can't You? Chp 3

KULTHUM'S   POV

"What are you trying to say mum?" I asked my voice quivering. "I don't understand what you are trying to say!"

"Well! as you can see you know that I have cancer already but now I don't know how come I got the blood pressure". She said with so much emotion passing through her eyes.

"Mum what brought up this topic now! What happened? Or did you remembered Zeenah?". I said looking at her.

"No kulthum! I didn't... well I did! She said smiling a little. I just remembered how she used to laugh when she sees your brother doing something stupid". She said with a distance look in her eyes.

"Okay mum! I said because I don't have anything to say or ease her pain I just said " it's getting late mum I would like to leave for my room you know I wake up really early to go to work!" I said just to excuse my self from her.

"Okay ummu kulthum! Sleep well.

"Good night!" I said and left the living room.

As soon as I entered my room I let out a long breath that I didn't know I was holding. What have come over my mother that she is  thinking about zeenah? Maybe something has happened to her. I thought

" oh Allah!" I exclaimed. " please take care of my mother she is the only person have who knows me in and out please save her for me please!" I prayed almost in tears.

After my short prayer, I entered the washroom and did my thing then my Wudu and came out to perform my salatul isha. So after my prayer I decided to read some verses of the Quran before I went to sleep. I offer my room's light then slept off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My alarm went off the next morning, stretching my hand from underneath my duvet I offed it. So I stood up to offer my tahajjud which I always do every morning. As I finished, I recited the holy book till I heard the adthan for salatul fajr, so I stood up offerd my prayer then headed downstairs to help mum in preparing breakfast.

" sallam mum!" I greeted " how was your night hope you slept well?". I asked

" yes kulthum I did, are you going to the office today?" She asked

" yes mum and I will leave in just half an hour!". I said while helping her after the silent breakfast, I got up said my sallam and headed to the hospital.

" hey kulthum the boss!". Alia exclaimed giving me a bone crushing hug.

" I... I .... can't breathe Alia!". I managed to voice out.

" oh! Sorry just missed you a lot that's why! Well how are you I know you didn't miss at all? She said feigning hurt.

"Aliaaaaaaaaa!". I exclaimed.

"Okay since you don't want to talk to me then am off see you later if you wish to see me again!" She said angrily then stomped off. Really! I thought. She wouldn't know what is wrong with me unless I tell which I am not in the mood. Realizing she won't come back I went to my own cabin with my personal nurse A.K.A, P.A Following me.

"Nurse salmah! Do you have any idea where Dr. majid is I haven't seen him in a while now?".

" no, ma'am! I haven't but he called me last night telling me that he won't be coming to the hospital for a while, and when I asked him why he said he was not feeling good so he won't be coming to the hospital!" She explained.

"Really! How.... why...." I was short of words and salmah noticed it so she said

" well ma'am! I think he just need some time off"

" Okay you may go. Wait! Call surg. Alia for me". Really what is wrong with this nurse? This is not the first time he is doing this nonsense he has been doing it for quite a long time, and I told him to stop but he didn't but now I don't know what has gotten over him that he is back to his attitude.

" okay ma'am!" She said and left.

I was deep in my thought that I didn't know that Alia has come in and was standing there shooting daggers at me.

" oh! So now you want to talk to me right? When I was talking to you, you refused to answer me and now you seek for my presence. Really?"

" Alia! Please listen to me first before you jump into Conclusions okay?" I snapped at her which is very unlike me. And before I could say anything else she was out of the cabin. Not in the mood to have a fight with her I called her phone and apologized before she came back.

" really kulthum! What has gotten into you? You haven't said a word since morning and you were showing me such an attitude! I was asking you to tell me what has happened to you but you were shunning me! Really?" She said annoyed by my attitude. She looked at me worry marrying her face as she cooled down.

" hey bestie!  I said dryly " well as you can see I am okay and there is nothing that is bothering me okay!" I managed to smile but Alia being the girl she is didn't buy that, she narrowed her eyes as if trying she's to figure something out.

" well you don't look okay to me, you have been silent the hole time which is very unlike you!".

" and you do know that I don't like talking too much?". I said not in the mood to talk to much.

" yea!  I know but you are just to quiet today and I guess that some thing bad is or has happened to you please tell me?" She said looking very worried.

"'Okay! It's my mu......!"

"What! No our mum! She corrected sending daggers at me.

" okay! Our mum"  

" so what up with her?" She asked

" would you allow me  talk or not?"

" oh yea! Sorry! She smiled sheepishly.

" last night when I went home I saw her seating only her in the living room, so I asked her what happened then she told me the most shocking news of my life. She said she had high blood pressure when she went for her check up!" I explained.

"Oh my Allah! She exclaimed. " how..how....how come what really happened that she got it?" She asked as many emotions twirled through her beautiful small cat- like eyes. ( chineese eyes, author's wink ).

" I really don't  know, but guess she was thinking a lot about zeenah maybe that's what caused it" I said thoughtfully.

" May Allah grant her shifah" she prayed looking extremely worried.

" Ameen!" I answered.

Sallam guys! How are you and your loved ones well coming to the chapter hope you liked it if yes please comment and tell me what you think and if no vote.

Well let me not waste your precious time in my dogon turenchi.
Please keep the tissues near because there will be hell down on earth so please be ready.

Allah Hafeez guys till next update which is within this week am still working on it.