If I Can Hate You, Why Can't You? Chp 54

"Good, we are having dinner with the king today," he said. She removed her head from his chest and stared at him perplexed.

"What?" He noticed her hesitation and smiled softly, holding her hands in his soft palms, he directed them to the couch. As they sat down, he placed her on his lap and she blushed shyly avoiding his gaze.

"Why are you suddenly shy?" He whispered sensually in her ear. His hot breath fanned her cool skin, heating it up against her will.

"Abdullah.." she whispered gently and he grabbed her waist pressing her to his rocky but soft flesh of a chest while she wrapped her arms around his shoulders inhaling his male intoxicating hormones. Why must he smell so good all the time? She wondered.

"The moment you are not close to me, I tend to lose my mind and focus. What have you done to me love?" He said trailing wet kisses down her neck to her shoulder blade. She moaned and unconsciously closed her eyes,

She didn't want him to stop, she wanted him to continue harassing her. His firm but soft lips sweetly sent tingling feelings through her entire body making her shudder with want. The more he trailed his lips down her neck, the more she wanted more of him.

Scared by her own thoughts, she immediately pulled away from him, letting her eyes linger on his welcoming lips before she abruptly stood up from his lap.

"We.. ar..." she stuttered nervously gazing into his clouded eyes that were filled with want.

"What happened?" His voice was hoarse, it almost sounded like he had a sore throat.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong. I'm.. just hungry, aren't you?" She asked, stepping away as he walked toward her slowly as if he had seen his prey. She swallowed hard and avoided his gaze but that didn't help at all because he caught her chin and made her look at him forcefully.

"Oh.. I am so hungry" he muttered. She knew what he meant, however her own hunger was for food while his was for something else that she wasn't prepared to admit yet. Biting the back of her palm, she gasped and withdrew her hand from his. Glancing at him with displeasure, she pouted and shoved her hand in his face showing him his hand work.

"Look at what you did" she complained blushing slightly.

"Is that a hickey on your palm love?" He teased wrapping his arms around her waist and drawing her closer to him. "I would love to add another one right here" he pointed to her exposed chest then placed his index finger on the spot tracing it gently.

The goosebumps that surrounded her entire body showed how much she reacted to his one single touch and that elated him to the point of no return.

"Hmm... with the way you react to my one single touch, are you sure you can stay away from me for two weeks? Won't you feel empty and lonely?" He asked. She blushed and said,

"Darling.." she started, blushing again as soon as she realized what she just called him.

"Did you just call me 'Darling'? I like the sound of it love" he smiled and hugged her gently. Standing like that, a knock suddenly landed on the door making them part ways. However, before she could pull away from him, he held her tightly while answering the door.

"Come in"

"Your highness.." Mustapha was saying when he noticed their posture. He flushed and lowered his gaze seeming a little embarrassed and said,

"His majesty the king, has summoned you and her highness together. He awaits you at the dining hall." He continued with a straight face. Since the day Kulthum stepped foot into the royal palace, she had never for once seen him laugh, let alone smile. Is he always frowning or just unhappy with his life?