If i can hate you, why can't you? Chp 46

Seating there and staring at him with mixed emotions twirling through her eyes and mind making her feel all sought of things that was so foreign and strange to her body, she didn't know how to respond to this kind of affection and to say she was dumbfounded would be a typical and understated lie. She kept staring into his hawk-like-eyes that she recently found as the most beautiful thing she has ever came across but, she couldn't let her guard down now that he has softened towards her.

"Your highness...." She started but was cut of by him

"I know it is going to be too hard for you to let go of the past just like that but at least can you try doing that?" He asked slowly as if he was scared she was going to disappear from where she was seating if he mistakenly raise his voice. She shook her head positively making a small smile graze the edges of his lips.

"It's late now I think we should sleep we have a long day tomorrow" Kulthum said going into the walk in closet to change her outfit to sleep when she came out she found Abdullah still seated in the same position she left him so she gave him a questioning look which he disregarded and passed her an innocent smile.

"What are you doing?" She inquired walking slowly to the couch

"Nothing am just not feeling sleepy right now so.." he halted

"So?" She asked

"So I think if you come with me to the bed maybe I would" he completed trying his best to hide his smile from her. She couldn't believe her ears, her eyes traveling from his face to his bed subconsciously then she let out a humorous laughter.

"Your highness, you want me to sleep next to you on your bed?" She stated matter of fact as if that was the most stupidest thing she has ever heard in her life. He nodded his head scratching the nape of his neck awkwardly before glancing at her again.

"If you are okay with it obviously I won't force you" he added almost immediately

"I think I will be just fine with the couch for now your highness, thank you for your concern" she said grabbing a few blankets and pillows to sleep with. There he stood above her head glancing down at her wondering what he should do to pacify her even though he knew she isn't angry with him anymore he sighed and went to his bed to have some rest but all he could see behind the dark curtains of his closed eyes was her smile and innocent eyes staring back at him with curiosity but at last he managed to drift away.

***********************************
As the morning rays of sunlight seeped through the half opened thick white curtains of his bed chamber, he stretched his wrinkled limbs and climbed down from the bed expecting to see her tiny petite figure laying on the couch but all he saw was a clean empty couch with neatly folded blankets and pillows staring back at him. He checked the washroom maybe she would be there but nothing came out positive then he began his search. He searched literary everywhere in his quarters but she wasn't there. He went back to his chamber with the intention of calling her but, remembered that he doesn't have her number and so the fear started creeping in, like a stalker with an ill intention only that his situation was quite the opposite. Where could she have gone too? He wondered running his fingers through his messed up hair looking here and there then his eyes landed on a piece of paper laying just beside the folded blankets and he quickly read its contents.

'Sorry I left without informing you but an emergency came up and my attention was needed in the hospital but not to worry, I will come back as soon as possible. Please try to have your breakfast on time don't wait for me okay?! I might take a while'.

Kulthum

By the time he finished reading the letter a smile was tugging at the edges of his mouth.

"How can someone be so responsible?" He wondered out loud allowing his fingers to sweep over her perfect handwriting. He remembered the time when he was telling her that from now onward he wants to do everything with her especially breakfast if she was okay with it and she agreed making his face lit up for the umpteenth time that night but to his dismay she wasn't there to eat with him nor could he see her shy smile with her cheeks turning pink while she lowered her gaze. He shook his head trying to clear the thoughts of her evading his headspace but he couldn't help it because wherever his eyes looked at, he is remembered by her because of her fragrance, like a gentle breeze blowing in summer.