If I Can Hate You, Why Can't You? Chp 67

As soon as Abdullah heard that, he bolted to the door; however, just before he could open it, he stopped mid way. 

"Is something wrong your royal highness?" Mustapha asked, wondering why he stopped 

"Nothing, the royal physicians can tend to her. After all, I am no doctor" he stated, and went back to his seating position. 

"Your royal highness…" Mustapha started but was shut up by a nasty glare. "As you wish your highness" he said and left. The moment he heard the door shut, he became restless. He went back to his seat to sit down but his mind was just roaming around with the thought of Kulthum passing out. What happened to her? Why did she suddenly pass out? Has she had her dinner? What is wrong with her? All the series of thoughts roaming through his head made him extremely uncomfortable that he was on the verge of checking up on her. 

He let out a huge frustrating sigh massaging his temples while his mind was in shambles and staring at the door advertently. He was in a crossfire between his heart and mind. 

~~~~~~~

As soon as she entered her bedroom in her quarters, she felt so lost. She felt as if she was just coming to a very strange place for the first time. Though she had lived here for a few weeks before she got moved into Abdullah's room, the place still felt terribly strange to her. 

"Mustapha please listen to me, just let me talk to him at least for a few minutes please and I promise I will come back" Kulthum begged. Mustapha felt extreme pity for the woman but there was nothing he could do. He had to follow orders if he wished to continue living. He kept quiet listening to her pleas painfully and he had enough, he placed a guard at her door and left the place. Few hours later, the guard standing by her door came running to him breathless. 

"General Mustapha, it's her highness, I think she's passed out" he said amidst catching his breath

"What? How? She was fine when I left her" he said, running to her. When they arrived, she was on the floor looking almost lifeless. Mustapha hesitated and carried her to the bed, laying her gently on it. 

"Go get the royal physicians now" he shouted. The guard left immediately and after a few minutes, he returned with some royal physicians at his tail. Mustapha took that as an opportunity to call Abdullah but when he got there, Abdullah faked nonchalance and continued to type on his phone. 

"How is she?" He asked as soon as he came back. 

"She's fine now, she just passed out due to stress. She's sleeping now" the physician said. Mustapha escorted the man out while the other guard sneaked in Anisah to take care of her. 

"What are you doing here? You need to leave before anyone sees you here" Kulthum said as soon as she woke up. 

"Shhh, your highness, it's fine, General Mustapha knows I'm here. He was the one that brought me here" Anisah explained briefly, helping her up.

"Are you sure? I don't want to get you in trouble" her concerned voice almost pulled Anisah to tears but she held back. Kulthum was also at the verge of breaking again so she couldn't express her emotions right now. 

"Your highness you need to eat, you are so weak. And don't forget I'm not like the other maids, I have more than one way to make you eat" Anisah smiled mischievously. "What would you like to eat right now?" She asked 

"Nothing, I'm not hungry," Kulthum said weakly.  

"Who wants some shawarma?!" She said in a sing-song voice. As soon as Kulthum heard that, she smiled brightly, her eyes bringing out the sparkles she once shut out.