A Part Of Me, From Me To You - Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"Is it already that time?" I sighed as I looked over at the wall clock that Soraru-san asked Shima-kun for. The room used to be really empty when I first came in, but it changed little by little because of him.

Senra-kun got down to his knees and placed the tray before me and passed me the chopsticks. When I saw that there was a pork dish, I frowned and pushed the bowl away. I could still smell it from this distance.

"Eat, Mafuyu-kun. If you don't, Shima-kun's going to get mad at you again for wasting food,"

I pouted and shook my head. I could handle the bittergourd, but please, not pork. Anything but that, to be honest. It just has this really distinct smell and taste to it, and I couldn't seem to put it into my mouth, let alone swallow it.

Wait, if my clients couldn't help with the situation, I could try asking Senra-kun. He knew Sakatan and seemed to be really close friends with him, so he should probably know a thing or two, right?

"Say, Senra-kun," I said as I bit onto the tip of my chopsticks, a little habit of mine when I think about which dish I should start with first. "Have you heard about Sakatan?"

"Sakatan? What about him?" Senra-kun asked.

"I remembered him telling me that he was having a tough time at work," I continued. It was a good distraction to make Senra-kun forget about that bowl of pork that I refused to eat. "He hasn't been able to drop by lately, so I wondered if you heard anything more about it,"

Senra-kun crossed his arms over his chest and put on a thoughtful look on his face.

"I'm not sure if I can tell you about it though," he said eventually.

"But Sakatan told me to be careful," I reasoned. "I should at least know what I should be careful of, right?"

Senra-kun paused to think again, and this time I knew I had succeeded at making him talk.

"Did he tell you that he still hasn't found out how those things work?" Senra-kun started. I nodded to his question, and he continued, "Well, he still doesn't have his hands on them yet but he did mention that there are suspicious people coming in and out of the quarters recently,"

"Why does he say so?"

"I can't say that I know about that," Senra-kun shrugged. "I've been checking up on every courtesan after that, but everything seems to be fine,"

"... Unless some of the courtesans didn't dare say a thing about it..." I said thoughtfully.

I remembered how back when I was still a courtesan at a different district, a lot of us didn't dare tell the owner about what we had been through, especially when it came to things like this. It was not something to be proud of to begin with since we all thought that we deserved it.

"There is that possibility," Senra-kun nodded as he agreed to my statement. "Though I do have to say that I'm pretty sure it works like how every drug would. You know, experiencing ecstasy and hallucination... All that kind of stuff?"

"I was thinking so too, but it couldn't possibly help make it so easy for the bad people to perform a kidnap, right?" I asked.

As someone who experienced these firsthand, I was pretty sure I wasn't that weak to the point I couldn't fight back, I just chose not to back then. Because there wasn't anything to fight for at the time.

"You know about that too?" Senra-kun pushed his bangs off his face in a defeated manner and let out a heavy sigh. "Sakatan sure did tell you about a lot of things he shouldn't have,"

"My mouth is sealed," I smiled. "And I'm pretty sure he just needed someone whom he could talk to,"

"He sure did," Senra-kun sighed again. "But to answer your question, it is possible if they did it at high dosages. They'd be too distracted to bother with what was happening to them,"