Epilogue 1- Welcome Jerry

Hand in hand, step by step, and breath by breath, we take small and slow strides over the Brooklyn Bridge. It is evening time, the sun is about to set and the golden sky was making the moment more memorable. Is it a sin to repeat the lyrics of ‘Golden” song in my head because the sky reminds me of it. Our silence is wrapping us together and the wind is carrying the essence of freedom in it as it passes by us. I am very much grateful of everything that I have with me now. My parents, my sister, my friends my boyfriend, etcetera. I am thankful to god for showing me the right path. I am grateful that once for all, everything is happy now. I am happy.

I have overcome the hell of my life, and without the people I had in my back, it was impossible. I never lost since I was a kid, I was a competitive girl since very long, and I never liked losing. My philosophy was; ‘you are born to win, and if you are capable of achieving, then put your everything to win’. And see where it brought me. I believe every human is capable of becoming number one; it depends on how you think and how you analyse the situation. I never wanted to lose. When I was in elementary level, my friends used to call me greedy, I don’t know if I was, but I liked it when they would call me greedy. It felt as if, they were jealous of me because I always get what I want. Maybe this line sounds rude and despising, but that’s what the truth is. I always get what I want, because I stay away from what I can’t have.

Obviously I can never have everything, so I always wished for the things I could get. I wanted good grades, I got them. I wanted to go to the best university in New York, I got in. I wanted a best friend like Rachael, I got her. I wanted to get into Crystal Company, I got that too. I wanted Jungkook, see where I am now. I wanted to win this battle with the Demons, I won it too. It is not because I am lucky or I am fortunate or I am privileged, I work for it, hard like a dog chasing for food. And at the end of everything, I am happy.

A smile stretch across my lips as my legs keep matching Jungkook’s slow strides. I always love the feeling of how his big hand engulfs mine completely. It is the feeling I always craved for, since the day I understood the meaning of love. I tried to convince myself that I don’t need love in my life and I should concentrate on making myself successful. But it is the real joy when someone dear to you will be standing behind you to cheer you at each and every step you take. This is the eternal piece.

I look sideways up and see Jungkook’s eyes narrowing to the front as he continues to walk. The wind is messing up with his hair and the orange shade of sun during this time is reflecting on his skin as if he is radiating the lights through his face. Is it little too cliché? I love cliché.

“Why are you staring like that?” he asks keeping his eyes on the front.

“I wish.” I say confidently, “I could stare at you anywhere and anytime I want.” I mock still staring at his face. He cracks a small smile hearing my comment.

“You’re right though.” He says and the smile never leaves his face until we stop to take some pictures. “How are you feeling?” Jungkook asks as we both end up checking out the picture that we asked on of a kid to take of us.

“About what?” I tilt my head in question looking up at him. It is annoying that even the heels aren’t able to pull me up to his height.

“About leaving States and going to Korea?” The sun is about to set I guess because his face is no more radiating the orange and golden lights.

“Honestly,” I sigh and take support of the rail looking down to the river, “I haven’t given a thought to it till yet.” I chuckle at the end of my sentence. I see Jungkook joining me in my position but he is looking up while I continue to look down to the flowing river. This topic is kind of an intense subject for me that I try hard to not to long on for more than necessary.