72 Killer's Confession

My phone has illuminated Namjoon’s number more than just once. I was right; he must have predicted my move. But right now, I am worried if he will tell Jungkook about it or not, if he will, I don’t even want to imagine the level of rage he will radiate on me. The thought alone makes me terrified.

Tonight I am going to meet Antony, to talk what? Even I don’t know what I will tell him once we will see other, I cannot even stand him knowing the true face behind his friendly mask so let alone having a drink with him. I am taking this blunder risk without any advice or consult; it could risk my own life. I shouldn’t ignore the fact that the man has a gun with him and he could probably bring it with himself to kill me. I should be careful. But how can I be careful when I am walking towards the cliff hanger?

My train of thoughts get interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. I grab the phone kept on the kitchen counter and immediately feel the bile flowing in my mouth. Jungkook. With lots of courage and regret together, I slide his call answer.

“Hello?” I try to sound cool and I guess I sounded the way I wanted to be.

Babe, I’ll be coming home late tonight. Need to take the extra hours I guess.” He sounds okay.

“Oh.”

Yeah, so don’t wait for me and have dinner alone, I’ll fill myself in the office.” Jungkook is busy with some work shit even on Saturday, and he sounds stressed, probably from work.

“Yeah,” I decide to tell him that I have plans tonight, “about that, I have a date with one of my friends tonight.”

What friend?

“Um, someone you’re not acquainted with.” A pause of silence follows my answer with some shuffling sound coming through the background and finally he speaks breaking my stress.

Fine, at least you won’t be alone for the dinner that way.” Only a small sentence, I don’t deserve him.

“Yeah."

Kay then, have great time baby and yeah miss me.” His honey like thick and smooth voice calms my veins and also realises me about my own guilty.

“Yeah, I would.” With a heavy heart, I hang up the call and immediately receive Namjoon’s call. Heaving out a sigh, I turn put my phone in silent mode and set it aside on the table. I am not doing something ideal and I am well aware of the consequences I’ll be receiving when Jungkook will come to know about it.

Standing up from my seat, I walk the other side of the kitchen and decide to get myself a coffee. Changing my mind in a swift motion, I change my direction from the stove towards the minibar at the side of the kitchen counter. I have an hour with me now and provided I am dressed already, I should drink some wine, red wine. I’m sad, definitely sad. I feel so deceived that I feel like a fool of myself. I thought my life has taken a beautiful direction, but that direction is helping me reveal the worst parts of my life.

It wasn’t my fault either when the devil was right next to me since years having a mask of an angel on. I hate this feeling, feeling of guilt and betrayal. I think if I will think for another second, my brain will explode. I concentrate on consuming my glass of red wine before I receive a green signal from Antony. Even the name disgusts me.

Just in time when the clock strikes to eight, I receive a text from him telling me to come at the restaurant we decided upon. He insisted on giving me a ride there with him, but being aware of his intentions, I declined his offer politely.

Driving the car, I keep my eyes behind my vehicle to see if someone is following me or not. By someone I mean Jungkook and Namjoon. I think I am being paranoid. Rolling my window down, I grab the packet of cigarette from the dash board and light one. I am not a smoker, but I need this sometimes to calm down my nerves and regulate my metabolism. By metabolism I mean my pooping process, it really helps. Jungkook always laughs at this weird habit of mine, but I can’t help it, it’s natural.