78 Weak Genie

IT IS A REQUEST PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END!!

*Author’s POV*

Namjoon and Jin stand frozen on their track to see Jungkook all caged in black smokes with tear strained face. ‘This is not Jungkook’ Namjoon remind himself. Even though he will be in deeper pain, Jungkook will never show his weak side. Maybe to Y/n, but never to anyone else. This is cover, he says to himself.

Jungkook is all curled up into a ball at the corner most space in the room looking all vulnerable as ever. Namjoon has hidden the feather right below where Jungkook has been caged. There is a secret safe kind of thing that he himself dug months back to make sure no one could ever put their hands on it. He watched as Jungkook begged to him for help, but if he will go any closer, the smokes will cage him too, He cannot go. Even though he is so badly willing to go and get his brother out of the misery, he knows very well that’s not him currently.

Namjoon remained emotionless while Jin stayed restless, but he knew not to act against what Joon is doing, so he is standing beside him silently and eyeing the boy in front of them. The demon inside Jungkook gets annoyed and drops the act it put upon. The smokes fade away and Jungkook’s eyes turn blown white hinting that the demon has taken charge.

“Took you long to come and rescue.” The demon stands up and lets out a chuckle at the end of sentence. Seokjin still believes that the person in front of them is Jungkook, but Namjoon knows it all so he acts all cool.

“It wasn’t my plan to come to be honest. But you have something of mine.” Even though Namjoon’s inside were burning, he keep his cool front. He now knows that Lucifer was not here to remove the essence, but to retrieve the angel’s feather.

“Oh, are you talking about this?” Jungkook brings his hand forward and flat his palm in the air. A small cluster of white fog appears over his hand and there was it, the white and glittery feather that Y/n got being at the verge of dying. Namjoon’s demeanour changes almost instantly.

“Give it back to me.” He lets out through gritted teeth.

“Bow to me.” The devil speaks with a smirk triggering the pride of Namjoon.

“Bow to you?” He scoffs looking just in the white pools not anywhere else, because he know if he will stare into his face, he will give into him because the body is still of Jungkook’s.

“You cannot fight me Namjoon.” The voice echoes throughout the room creating the demon of pride to tremble in anger. As much as the demon hates being disrespected, Namjoon hates it too, too much that he could rip the opposite’s head off. Namjoon’s hands make fist and his skin get covered in the extra layer of white. Lucifer inside Jungkook smiled to itself feeling all victorious. It was all plans, to trigger his demon to take charge so that it could make the spirit his, after all it is nothing but the demon.

Seokjin’s intuition hits him hard and immediately let his hand fall over younger’s shoulder. Maybe he is the least interested one among them all, but he is the wiser out of all the seven. He is eldest and his knowledge is brighter than Namjoon, only the difference is that Joon always implements on his knowledge, but Jin stores them. An invisible power of relaxation is being transferred from Jin’s palm to Namjoon’s body, and almost immediately, the demon of pride loses its power and Namjoon gains back his sanity taking the Lucifer by surprise.

He blinks his eyes for a moment before realising what’s going on. Noting the shocked expression on Jungkook’s face, he faces Jin and just sends him a nod of appreciation. Jin nods back and Namjoon faces the deathly creature inside the body of his youngest mate.

“Now, now,” he begins taking a step closer to him, “as I said you have my belonging with you, I want it back.” Namjoon speaks ever so calmly with a small smile on his face. The Lucifer takes a step back and immediately hits the wall. It knows now it has been trapped. Namjoon holds his hands in front of him and generates the black smokes through his fingers directing towards Jungkook’s body. “You call yourself superior among us,” he spits out, “but just look at the face of yours right now.”