10 The Call Of The Hell

A YAWN ESCAPE MY MOUTHand I remove my glasses before stretching my limbs and cracking bones. Since few hours I've been sitting inside the public library trying to catch something exciting to read, but unfortunately nothing interests me much. I am currently reading a book by Dan Brown which is not too good not too bad, but it isn't enough to kill my boredom.

I glance around my surrounding and notice half empty room with people all lost inside the books of their respective choices. I sigh before closing the book and standing up from my seat with my glasses on. I think I should put my hand on something more interesting that could kill my time.

As I walk through different valleys of shelves, my mind drift to the night when I saw Jungkook's eyes turning complete white and his skin burning because of my blood. Scared would be an understatement for me, I was frightened to see such a devious look on his face. And from the encounter, one thing is definitely clear that Jungkook is not just a simple human being, he's beyond that dignity. And to my most surprise, I am not that scared anymore, rather, I am curious to know what he is. That night, I refused his help to cover my wound, instead I ran out of his house and locked up my door before treating myself. That was rude and next day I went to the office and actually apologized him for my misbehaviour, and he himself was taken back from my easy going conversation. I didn't asked him about it after that, maybe I am scared to bring that topic, or maybe there's any other reason. But right now it doesn't scare me much to think about it.

Maybe Jimin knows about it since they are close friends, but I find this conversation a bit awkward to talk to anyone else. Maybe he'd think that I would've been drunk or had seen a really very bad dream. But I swear on my whole life that I saw it, and also at the night of the party I saw the gust of storm in his eyes just like I saw the complete milky colour of it the other day. Jungkook refused to talk about it to me and my mind did nothing good but to imagine different kind of scenarios of it. I don't know why but it doesn't feel right, maybe I am over thinking, but even I know that I am lying to myself, I desperately want him to laugh at my face and scream its a fucking prank. The whole time till the weekend today, me and Jungkook ignored each other in both office and home. This all is beyond messed up.

As I place the book back on the shelf, my eyes fall on the title of the book just adjacent to it. The title says, 'The Call Of The Hell'. Interesting. For a book so supernatural to be placed in between best english fictions is odd. When I took the earlier book, this one wasn't there, and now suddenly, out of nowhere, it's here. Maybe someone else was reading it and misplaced it's position. I take the book out of shelf and examine the cover closely which is worn out, giving me a hint it's quite old. Where the title is displayed boldly, images of chains and horns cover it. And I don't know why, but a sudden urge come over me to read this book, and I guess it won't hurt to read something supernatural between something supernatural I am facing right now.

Satisfied with my decision, I walk towards my earlier sitting spot with the same book in my hands. Start of the weekend at least brings me something to fry my brain. After making myself comfortable on the chair, I open the hard cover of the book. Just like the cover, the pages too are worn out which have yellowish tint along the edges of it and to add a sparkle in the drama, the pages from the edges are slightly torn. I wonder how old this book is, so out of curiosity, I check the issue date and just to realise how old it is a gasp leaves my mouth while my eyes refuse to regain itself from being wide enough to hurt my head. This book was printed in the eighteenth century and the edition doesn't continues. Fuck, it's first edition. What the hell the book so old around like two hundred years old doing in a private library of New York?

Curious can't be an actual word to describe me right now since I turn the pages almost hastily. The book is indeed supernatural, but surprisingly, it interests me to read it for some unknown reason. The lines might have dramatic effects on it and the English of the book is old enough to make me scratch my head at times. And out of all, one title catch the biggest of my attention, 'Seven Demons, Seven Sins'. I read through the lines and only find seven sins of heaven written on it which almost every Christian and Islam followers would be well aware of. Pride, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Greed and Envy. I continue reading the book with all my concentration and got successful in completing a halfway through it. The book is incredible and did gave me a lot of information, only it wouldn't have been new to me if I had given attention to the Sunday Bible classes when I was a kid.