91 The End of The New Start

It is too late when I realise that I am biting my nails and ruining my nail paint, not that I care, wait I do. It took me two hours to apply them and wait for them to dry so I could not ruin it. But it is all ruined as I keep biting them. I am nervous, too nervous, and too nervous that I feel like throwing up. Jungkook just silently drives the car to where god only knows. I am trying very hard to swallow the lump in my throat, but it seems of no use, the lump won't go away.

It is happening tonight, everything will be changed after tonight. No such things like angels and demons will exist after tonight, the world will be free from both the good and bad things, all that could ever be good or bad will be done by the hands of humans. I never understood what is the role of demons here? I mean, whatever they do is reflected to only the ones who are victims, like me, but I don't consider myself as a victim.

This was the question I asked Namjoon that day when I found out about the truth. He said what I am thinking is right, they just aim to kill the demons inside them, the one who lures them and people around them to do things that they never wish for. In return, the Satan offers them the worldly pleasure, money, fame, position, girls and what not. They found it was cool at the beginning but it took them long to understand that this is not the purpose they are here as human beings. Demons are just invading their bodies, making these innocent human beings their slaves until they find new victims when they grow old to stand up to their expectations.

But it is an unfortunate and sad fact that few people are living up to their expectation. They should understand that they could achieve all the worldly pleasure if they work for it. But what will happen after tonight? There will be no more supernatural thing anymore? The heart keeps thumping in my chest as I feel anxiety building up.

Jungkook's hand falls on my thigh and I shoot him a glance. He too is tensed I could sense it, but he doesn't shows it all, it is all behind that straight face of his with eyes focused on the barren road. It is probably midnight and we're driving to the outskirts. The setting and location of the road is telling me that he is driving back to the abandoned amusement park. Suddenly this all seems too big to me. Jungkook hand squeezes my thigh in a comforting gesture. Our environment is silent, pin drop silent with no music playing. I could hear both our breathings and my heart is beating up to my ears. Gladly his hand reaches out for mine placed limply on my lap and entwine our fingers together.

Both of us are too tensed to even speak and the situation is too awkward to reach out for the stereo, so I lay back on seat looking out of the window where I watch how Jungkook speeds up the car. By a small junction of roads, few more cars join us. And suddenly out of nowhere, Jungkook leaves my hand and grabs the steering wheel tightly speeding up the car like he is about to fly.

"What the hell is happening?" I ask and see Jungkook smirking slightly speeding up the car even more. Cars try to dodge him, but he is fast enough to drive past them. The speed is killing me, I am gonna freak out.

"They want to race." My eyes widen when he said those words and instantly feel like losing my shits. The adrenaline is rushing high and I am squealing glaring out of the window. "Fuck!" Jungkook grunts slamming his hand on the steering wheel as a car drives past him and gladly the gate of amusement park comes in view making Jungkook slow down the speed. I see the car door opens and Hobi steps out grinning broadly at his victory. These guys are really unbelievable. In a time like this, they want to perform a fucking race to kill me. Well what I can expect from boys who are still living in their twenties. Hobi's grin is making me feel at ease, he definitely radiates light through his smile.

Jungkook parks the car next to Hobi's and rest all follows his suit. Once I am out of the car, I see everyone else coming too. Jungkook walks around from his side to my and protectively slip his arm around my waist. I look up at him and give him a smile of assurance that I am fine and he just nods his head.