1 New Start

"JUST ONE MORE DRINK." I whisper to myself, more like a promise. Gazing at the full filled glass of martini, I heave a sigh, feeling already tipsy. The music is blaring my ears, better to say, deafening. It's not like I complain, I love the surrounding of a country side bar. Posh location, elegant yet blaring music, good people around trying to have a good time at a Friday night.

I take a small sip of my martini, trying to focus on the conversation going on in the circle I'm sitting. Everyone is hyping about today's graduation day in the morning. The bachelor's year ended, and finally I have a degree of Arts and Culture in my hands, that my mom literally cried for. And not to forget how my dad was when I accepted the graduation letter on stage. Holding the letter in my hand, I met my eyes with the glassy eyes of my father and my mother, continuously wiping her tears with the hand towel. They were indeed proud.

And now, a typical American Dream of graduation, in the country side bar with best friends celebrating the end of the terrible college life.

Once again, I try to focus on the conversation that my friends are having, and this time I succeed. They're talking about internship program after graduation. They're excited, I'm too. Finally being able to be independent and earn on our own, is literally a basic dream of every college student.

"Y/n." My best friend Rachael jerks me by shoulder, startling me.

"Yeah?" I turn to my left to look at her, having an amused look.

"I've been calling you since decades." She laughs, probably drunk.

"She's spacing out again." Antony, the hot blondie of our group comments making me roll my eyes at him.

"We're asking if you've applied for any internship program yet?" Rachael asks me in haze.

"Yeah, I've applied and also got accepted."

"What?" Amy, waking up from Josh's shoulder, gawking me in surprise.

"Yeah." I nod my head in approval.

"Where did you applied for?" Antony asks while gulping down his bear.

"Um, Crystal Company."

"That Crystal magazine publishing company? Top one in New York?" Any asks learning on the table with wide eyes.

"Yeah, that one."

"Damn," Josh says in thick accent, "it's very hard to get inside that company. How'd you managed to get in?" I shrug my shoulders in reply making the black guy nod in wonder.

"Probably your dad help you get in." Amy snorts playfully once again, making me roll my eyes.

"Oh come on." Rachael slurs besides me, "You know, you can only imagine the numbers on her grades in your dreams. She's intelligent and that's what managed her to get in." A smile creeps on my face hearing Rachael defending me.

"Hmm." Antony nods, "Y/n, the intelligent nerd." He adds, "yet, a hot one." He send me a wink making me grin ear to ear.

Later, the spotlight from me was removed since everyone started to focus on themselves. Amy is literally eating the face of Josh. Antony has left the circle to go behind a beautiful skinny woman who was sitting besides our table. And now, they are sitting over the bar counter, probably flirting with each other. Antony is good at that, typical fuckboy of the college.

While everyone else are busy in their own business, me and Rachael are trying to catch up on our own self. We've been best friends since the high school. Went college together, were roommates in the hostel before we finally decided to get ourselves separate apartments to live in.