34 The Fear of Unknown

“Y/n,” Yoongi calls out for me as soon as Namjoon leaves the circle, “I want you to let your mind concentrate on me, okay?” He asks while looking straight into my eyes.

“Yeah.” I nod my head. Yoongi closes his eyes and suddenly all the torches around the room go off making me startle. Something grabs my temples and as soon as I realise it is someone’s hands, I feel the light illuminating around us. Yoongi is clutching my head firmly while his eyes are turned white which is making me horrified. I gulp and look around myself and see the lights are being radiated by the pentagram. All seven pairs of eyes are on me and as soon as my eyes met with that of Jungkook’s everything starts to fade. I feel the heartbeat rising in me as the panic ceases my whole being.

“Close your eyes.” Yoongi says and with a last look of his white eyes, I close mine while feeling myself going around in a storm. Winds are hitting me like swords leashing on my body making me flinch every time. I feel dizzy and feel like something is pulling my soul out of my body and it is hurting. I groan in agony as every bone of my body is being crushed into pieces. It is too much for me to bear, I feel suffocated. God, what is happening?

I need to breathe and put myself together. I am doing this for a purpose, to get something which is needed the most. I don’t want a demonic and supernatural war to erupt in this world which is unknown to the mankind. I am hurting, but I need to be strong.

Each and every nerve of my body is hurting, but I need to bear it. If I will distract my mind away from the pain, I think it will fade away. After all this is nothing but a void in my mind. Everything is a game of what I am thinking and what I am feeling. If I feel pain, that’s because I think that I am feeling it; and if I will remove that feeling from my mind, I won’t feel it. After all, I have learned to overcome my fears; fear of pain and fear of hard feelings. Those were the fear of unknown, and when I experienced them in a good way, I overcame it.

Both the experiences were with the person whom I love with my whole heart and mind. He taught me to overcome my fears. Love; it is the biggest hard feeling, and I love him with zero regrets. Pain; Jungkook made me experience pain in such a way that I never knew could make me feel. It made me feel safe around him and feel more loved. He loves me like no one can do and I need to feel the pain fade away; for him, for everyone.

I knew it will work and just like that, slowly and gradually, all the pain faded away. I can even feel the storms coming to an end. The wind is no more hitting my body and the sounds of wind gushing are gone. I sit silently for a while, trying to analyse what’s going around me, but I hear nothing; a pin drop silence. Not only pin drop, I can even hear my own heartbeat ringing in my ears which is quite scary.

I don’t know if I should open my eyes or not because I am scared. Being unsure, firstly I open my left eye and see everything around me is dark except where I am sitting. I open my eyes wide and see that I am alone and still sitting on the chair over the illuminated pentagram. Oh, is it like everyone has left the room? Neither Yoongi is here nor his chair. Well, I guess I wasn’t able to get into the void. That’s a disappointment.

I look around myself and see that I am really alone in this room, maybe I am in a void or like that. But this room is same, nothing has changed the only thing is no one is here and I am alone. I can even see the door that leads to the stair to go up in the living room. I still don’t know why this needs to be done in a basement. Namjoon said that this process needs a room which hasn’t seen or exposed to the sunlight for almost three days, and considering this as an underground basement, I don’t think this room has even seen the light since lifetime. People must have made it with a vision in the past.

I battle for good amount of time to whether to go back up or sit in this room and wait for something to happen before giving up and standing from the chair. I step out of the circle and walk towards the door that will lead me upstairs to where everyone would be. I grab the metal doorknob and it feels extremely cold, strange. Brushing off the thoughts, I twist the knob and push the door open only to close my eyes shut tightly because of the blinding brightness falling to my eyesight making my head hurt. From where the lights came in this entry of the basement? From what I remember there was a single white bulb that threw faint light to make the stairs visible. And it’s not even day time; it is the time of dusk.