36 Hoping It To Be A Dream

I frantically look here and there to see who did this; this must be the demon of greed to blind Safroon’s vision. I am really not having a good vibe out of this. Either I am in a great trouble, or I am going to get busted by someone. As I look around with racing heart, my eyes locks with those blue piercing orbs standing at the end of the hallway. That’s the same white man I saw in the morning. What the hell he is up to and who is he? A smirk covers on his lips as he walks closer to eliminate the distance between us.

“Impressive you reached till here.” His voice is smooth and he gracefully walks towards me. “But you know, you should go back to where you came from if you don’t want to get killed here and let your body rot back there.” He suggests rudely but that smirk doesn’t goes off from his face.

“Who are you?” I ask confidently even though my heart is pumping faster than normal.

“None you should concern just go back.” His smirk is gone now replaced with a displeased look. Wait, if he is a demon, and is a white man, didn’t he come from the future? Okay, now I sound like I believe what I am going through, but I don’t have any other option left with me.

“You’re from the future, aren’t you?” I ask with narrowed eyes making him laugh bitterly.

“Well, I said before you don’t have to concern yourself with that, and to ease up the pain for us in the future, I must kill your soul here only.” With that said, his hand grips on my throat, cutting off my breathing. This can’t happen, I am feeling numb. This must be a dream, but I am feeling like my throat is burning and the oxygen supply is turning shallow to my system while he slams my back with full force causing me to experience harsh pain. I am seeing black spots dancing at the background and intently watch the smirk grow on this evil man’s face.

My hands claw his hand to cut the blood supply to his fingers so that his grip would loosen around my throat, but that doesn’t happen because of how weak I am. Am I dying? I am turning blind and this man is tightening the grip by every second. I don’t have time to think about anything else and I just hope for someone to see this happening so this man could be stopped.

“You know if I will kill you, few are going to be disappointed with my actions, but they will understand that I did this for a good reason.” He laughs like a maniac and the grip on my throat gets impossibly tighter. I cannot breathe anymore and I feel my consciousness slipping away. And suddenly, it all stops; the grip on my neck is no more there, and as soon as I am out of restrains, my body fall on the ground. I take deep breaths that felt like inhaling fire causing my bronchioles to burn. The tears stream down my face and I pant heavily to catch my breath. Then my blurry vision land upon dark red liquid flowing on the grown, the fuck.

I look up and see woman dressed in black standing still with wide eyes even though her face is covered. Sweat is beading on her visible portion and she looks as if she has seen ghost. My eyes travel down to her hands and see she is holding a sword that’s halfway covered in blood. Oh my god, she killed h-

Then I look down and see the white man lying lifeless on the ground while blood is spilling from his back. He is dead! I am in the verge of vomiting and I need to hold myself from it. I stand up with my trembling body and wipe my tears with the back of my hands and rush towards Safroon.

“Safroon?” I jerk her body causing her to blink her eyes rapidly and throw the blade sword over the dead body. She gasps looking down and then looks back at me with tears forming in her eyes.

“I-I killed him.” she stutters making me feel overly bad for her. She killed him because of me, it is all my fault.

“Safroon, its okay,” I know it’s not, but what the hell I would do otherwise? “What’s done is done.” even though my voice is shaking, I need to tell her to leave the place. “And now, no one should find out what you did, you need to run from here.” I say and she gives me look of bewilderment before blinking her eyes and holding me by the shoulders.