75 Berries and Cookies

A yawn leaves my mouth and I stretch my hands to grab my man but all I got is piles of bed sheet. Snuggling closer to the cloth, I open my one eye and really find the bed empty. Oh how I hate to wake up in empty bed. I really hate it. Both of my eyes open and I stretch my limbs stifling another yawn. Roaming my eyes around the room, I stick my sight on the wall clock to find it’s already noon. Wow, I guess I’ll have brunch today. I hope my man is cooking something.

As I sit up straight on bed, I realise that my body is drowned in muscle cramps. Last night was really rough; I feel my asshole burning as I sit on my butt. Wincing at the weird feeling, I gingerly walk towards the bathroom. I wonder why the hell females have to bear all the pain. While being on periods, face the period cramps, losing virginity, feel the pain, holding a baby, feel the pain. Our life is full of pain.

Shaking the thoughts, I concentrate on my morning skin care routine. I have been neglecting my skin cares for a while and the last thing I want to do is to bear any marks or gain wrinkles earlier than expected. Spending good amount of time in the bathroom, I walk out wearing the shirt I don’t know that I wore before sleeping last night. As soon as I am out of the room, a delicious whiff hits me like a slap. Do I smell roasting meat? The smell is enough to make my stomach growl in response. Gulping down the waters, I start to walk faster shrugging every little discomfort in my body. Soon I find Jungkook working in kitchen wearing only his sweatpants and wet hair. He took shower already I guess.

He knows I am hear but doesn’t turn around, so I wrap my hands around his waist and shower his back with kisses. He laughs at my reaction and continues to cook the food.

“What are you cooking?” I ask peeping from his side to the pan containing some meat in it.

“Bibimbap.” He announces and I again feel my stomach growling in response instead of my mouth. Jungkook laughs at the sound and I roll my eyes.

“I want fruits too.” I say and walk towards the fridge. “Do we have anything?”

“Yeah, there must be strawberries left or maybe apple.” He informs and I feel delighted with the sound of strawberries.

“Berries will do.” I chirp and take the box of red and pink fruit out. Jungkook stays busy in preparing his Korean dish and I decide to make dessert out of the fruits. Cutting the berries in two, I take a bowl and pour some already whipped cream in it. Grabbing strawberry syrup from the pantry for which I am glad to find, I mix it with whipped cream to give it the flavour of strawberry. I take the vanilla cookie out from the storage and fill the cream in between two. Finally adding strawberries over the cookies, I jump in happiness feeling all proud that I made something unusual. This is my mother’s recipe to create a look alike of macaroons.

By the time I am done with deserts, I find Jungkook plating the lunch in a bowl. I am glad he taught me how to use chopsticks; otherwise I would feel bad to eat food with spoon while he would use chops.

The food is as tasty as ever, and I am more than surprised this golden man of mine is so versatile in everything. I glance at his way from my plate and I find him having a war with cookies and creams. He is literally eating it like he will never find them anymore ahead in his life.

“This tastes so fucking good.” He says with stuffed mouth. My eyes fall on the plate of cookies to see out of six I made; only two is left- the fuck? Before he could grab some more, I snatch the plate away and hog on it just like the way how he did few seconds ago. “Y/n! What the fuck!” He whines and stands up from his stool and marches over to me. I am quick to stand up from my seat and dash to save me and my cookies. I know he will catch me sooner than I can even run so I chew the cookies fast, hell I don’t even get the time to savour the taste. As soon as I am in the living room, I grab the one last one and throw the plate over couch. I can’t believe we’re fighting over a dessert!