86 Pillowtalk

As the warm water runs down my body, I sigh in relief. I needed this, the fresh post-midnight shower to calm my nerves to think it through. So basically, both of my parents are aware of the little too big dark secret I am living in and they are some way or the other a part of it. I have convinced my mother successfully that I am brave enough to do this, but am I? All I know is that I have seven men as my back, but again, is that enough? Now the threat is gone, I can only hope that I can do this smoothly.

Even though the water is warm, I just wish it could become warmer. Sighing to myself, I start to turn the water temperature up. My life cannot be miserable forever, I know it, there has to be a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Wrapping my body in a towel and opening my bun flowing, I walk out of the bathroom. As soon as I am out, I get a heart attack and I stick my back to the wall next to the bathroom door.

“You scared me.” I breathe out in shaky voice. Jungkook is sitting on the bed with his black shoes on floor and fumbling through his phone. The sitting position he is in reminds me of a creepy vampire from Vampire Diaries. He just chuckles and ignores my comment. I shake my head and walk off to the closet. Pulling a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt, I walk out to the bedroom. Jungkook is still in the same position; legs crossed and stretched out while resting his back on the headboard.

“I kept my promise.” He mumbles throwing his phone on the nightstand and giving me a soft smile.

“I see.” I can smell the scent of cigarette in the air of my room, which is tempting me to light one, but I shove that temptation back in my ass because the one who tempts me the most is here. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I walk closer to where he is. Jungkook is carefully watching each and every step I take. Finally when I am standing in front of him, he holds his hand in front of me to grab it, and I grab it. As soon as my fingers intertwine with his, the butterflies are out dancing in my stomach.

“You don’t trust me when I say I am not going anywhere?” He asks eyeing softly at my unsure state. Well, it’s a partial truth, what can I say? The rest of the truth is that, I am still not convinced he is real.

“I-”

“Shhh…” he cresses the back of my hand with his thumb and tug on it, “let me make you sure of it, hmm?” I nod my head and climb on the bed in a way I am straddling his lap. They’re back, those hurt and lost feeling of mine. For more than a month, I have struggled, I kept letting that hole dig deeper wound in me, and now when I see Jungkook in front of me, I feel that hole filling finally. But I am scared, I am scared if this night will get over, he will disappear again.

Jungkook’s hand reaches out to cup my cheek and when his thumb wipes my skin, I realise I am crying again. Why do I have to cry? Those stupid and traitor tears won’t stop. I don’t want to create a dramatic scene by crying like a typical cry-baby, but who the hell will tell to my heart.

“Why are you crying? I am here baby, right in front of you.” His voice is softer and steady and I see that for the first time in our time together, he isn’t panicking when I am crying. Jungkook hates when I cry and start to panic like a bomb has been dropped, but he seems relieved and happy now. I sniff and circle my hands around his neck hiding my teary face on his crook like a coward.

“I don’t know.” I whisper and try to breathe in and out to stop the traitor tears. I know actually why I am shedding, it is because finally I am seeing Jungkook here after the struggle of days and convincing myself that I have to stop thinking about him if I have to get to the end of this. But now, it is all over, I have gotten through it and secretly deep down in my heart I am proud of myself. I tried to be selfish for time being, and now the time has arrived to be super selfish. “I am happy.” I sniff and Jungkook chuckles running his hand through my back.