77 Blackout

Another morning comes in a way I find myself alone in the bed. Jungkook must be in the kitchen or in bathroom. I slip out of bed and check the bathroom empty. The whole apartment feels so cold and empty that I have the second thoughts he isn’t home.

Nevertheless, I check the kitchen, empty. What if he needed morning smoke and is out in the balcony smoking cigarette? But to my vain, he’s not there too.

I walk back to the room and grab my phone. As soon as I dial his number, notice the device placed over the nightstand by his side of the bed. The glass door of our room is open and now it hits me why I woke up with the sudden cold. He went out through the window, flying? I recheck my phone for the time and see I’ve been bombarded with several missed calls from Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, Hobi, Yoongi and Jin. Everyone has called me? For what reason? My phone has been silent for the whole night and I am feeling the chills inside my veins.

I sit on the edge of the bed and dial the number of Namjoon with shaky fingers. The ring goes off and almost immediately my call has been picked up.

“Goodness Y/n are you alright?” He asks in a slightly raised voice. I am confused with this kind of question, but it is also making the bile rise in my throat.

“Yeah?” I am surprised to hear my morning voice gone.

“Get ready as soon as possible. I am on my way from Brooklyn to pick you up. Pack a bag with necessary stuffs as soon as possible.” He says hurriedly.

“What? Why?” Now I am panicking.

“Only a sentence Y/n,” he sighs deeply pausing for a second and then speaks with utter calmness, but that calm toned words shake my whole existence, “you need to stay away from Jungkook for a while."

Gladly Namjoon helps me to get my handy suitcase down the stairs. I am shaking to the verge of falling down, and I cannot forget that my body is weaker than needed. I don’t bother to ask him any question regarding what he said on phone because I know once we’ll reach to a destination, he will start explaining. But the thing is, am I ready to hear him explain?

The car ride is awfully quite, and I could say Namjoon himself is tensed. His knuckles turn white as he grips the steering wheel tightly and each and every deep breaths he takes only makes me sure that the thing is serious than ever. I’m not going to work today provided I am already past the entry hour and by the ways and landmarks on road I could say we’re heading to Namjoon’s house.

As soon as we’re inside the gates, I spot few cars, familiar cars almost everyone is here, but Jungkook. My chest tightens with the thought of something dangerous happening to him, I feel like throwing up. No one says anything as I follow Joon quietly. He drags my suitcase along with him and I grip on my sling bag tightly. My throat feels dry and knowing enough of my science, I am aware that my palpitation is decreased.

“Y/n,” Namjoon’s voice brings my attention to him and I look up at him. His eyes are soft yet stiff, “you wait here I’ll get you something to eat.” I lost my appetite, but still I nod my head. Hearing us arriving, everyone shows up in the living room, they’re coming from the library. Oh no, library means something is definitely not good.

“Hey.” Jimin is the first one to greet me. I feel my throat too dry to open my mouth so instead I send him a half smile. He is wearing his house clothes I could say, sweatpants and sweater, everyone is in same attire. Jin is the one to bring me a bowl filled with ramen and eggs and I cannot help but to recall the first time he got me something to eat of his own creation. Smiling on the memory, I send him a smile and mumble a small thank you before digging in.

Namjoon has taken Jimin and Yoongi to somewhere inside his villa to talk and I am left with Taehyung and Hobi to accompany me to have breakfast with their own sets of bowls.