62 She Left...

-Four days back-
*Jungkook’s POV*

She left...

I fall on my knees as I find the house empty. I feel cold without her presence near me. I became so much addicted having her around all the time, now I feel like I am sick. Where she might have went how she would be? I run my hand through my hair in frustration and open the few buttons of my black dress shirt. I grab the broken frame lying by the foot of the bed. She must have thrown it to break it.

Well, that’s what I wanted, her to leave me and hate me. Isn’t it what I wanted? Yes… no… maybe… Why I did what I did? And why I forced her to leave me? The question even I cannot comprehend. The only thing I know is that she must hate me. That’s how it will work if Safaa was right.

“Jungkook,” she seems a bit softer with words since we’re outside, maybe she could understand that I really do love Y/n, “Huda and I were born guardians.” He looks at me as we stand outside in sprinkling snow that Y/n loves the most. Each and every word coming out of her mouth is like a thunderbolt striking upon me. “Guardians of angel, whose presence must be hidden from the demons. We can detect if there is a hidden demon inside a human body or not and I can guess it is inside you. Your influence in Y/n’s life could be dangerous.”

“W-What do you mean?” I don’t like even a bit of sound coming from her now. She sighs deeply and continues.

“It will not be visible now, but slowly and gradually, the demon will rot the angel’s heart.” And I feel like receiving a heart attack. “The love you feel for her is what your human form is feeling. Since she is the angel, she cannot spread the sin your demon radiates. And just like overflowing, once the capacity of her heart will die down to hold up the sin, her heart will start to weaken.” My eyes widen as I examine the old woman’s grave expression.

“This means, she dies?” The amount of sadness that she holds in her eyes is enough to tell me that she doesn’t appreciate my question, but nevertheless she nods her head.

“She will.” I try to let her words sink in my system, but nothing makes sense even though what she said is totally simple and sensible. Her simple meaning is that Y/n, my love will die eventually because of me.

“But the ritual is going to be performed in the summer.” I demand in a pleading tone making myself look miserable.

“It doesn’t matter, and contrary to that, the summer is far away to wait and see if she will die or not.” She snaps in an angry tone. I sigh in defeat, holding myself back from crying and hang my head low.

“What do you want me to do?” I ask almost in a whisper. Surprisingly, she holds me by my shoulders. I trail my eyes at her solemn face as she looks up at me.

“Son, I know how much you love her. But few things aren’t meant to be for us.”

“She will be destroyed.” I know what she is trying to say.

“I know,” she nods her head, “I do know. But she will move on too and so will you.” I gulp down the big lump down my throat. “It must be hard, but that’s good for both of you. And if your love is in the fates, then god only knows what else he has planned for you both. Until then, you need to do what seems right to you.”

“I…” I don’t have words to say.

“You are a good person Jungkook, and I really hate myself for telling you all these things.” She is right; she is feeling too bad herself to voice out each and everything out to me.

“Can I ask you what happened between you and Huda?” I ask after regaining myself from the greatest shock I received. She drops her hands down and sighs before answering.