89

Jimin POV

I'm 19 today. I'm free today. I'm going home today. Jungkook and I are going home.

We'd packed our bags last night. We had sex for the last time in a while. All so that this morning, Jungkook and I could get up at the crack of dawn to spend part of my birthday with Counselor-nim.

He took us to an amusement park a few days ago as my gift. We celebrated my birthday then since we knew we couldn't celebrate it today.

Instead, this morning we had breakfast as usual. Jungkook and I cleaned as usual, but with a little more elbow grease as a goodbye gift to the counselor. Then, we sat on the couch for the last time and watched our last film together. Eating popcorn at 11 am and drinking soda. We shoved a normal day into a single morning because we knew it would be our last typical day.

I'm really going to miss Counselor-nim. To me, this feels like my home. Each day felt so long that I barely remember the feeling of living with my family. It's odd that this hell could turn out so gentle. That an old homophobic man could be so nurturing to a therapy home full of gays. I'll miss it, really.

I'll miss Jungkook as well. I won't live with him anymore. For almost three years, I've lived with him. This way of life felt so familiar. I'm comfortable with it, all while it still manages to excite me. Our relationship was so predictable day to day, but I never got bored of him.

Last night he told me what district he lives in and the school school he'll attend when he's goes back. I asked because I'll no longer be able to pursue my dream as a dancer. My performing arts school days are over. I figured that since we're both in Busan, maybe I could go to his school.

Turns out, the high school he's attending, is one district away from me. I was so glad  it wouldn't be a crazy commute just to see my boyfriend. All I'll need to do now is simply take the city bus since my mom works opposite ways.

"Jimin, your mom's here first" Counselor-nim called.

I felt my heart race. This moment feels surreal.

I grabbed Jungkook and hugged him. I felt my eyes water up, but I wasn't going to let myself cry. I sniffed and blinked my eyes to bat away the tears. Swallowing hard before kissing him without a care that Counselor-nim is right there.

"I love you Jungkook. You have my social media and my number. Text me on everything when you get home, ok? I love you so much. Don't let your parents get to you. You're not a little boy anymore. You don't need them, Jungkook. Just do your best to ignore them and remain positive. B-bye for now..."

Then I let him go.

"I love you, Jimin. I have all of them. I'll text you as soon as I can, I promise. I love you. Please enjoy your first day back at home. I love you. Tell me about it tonight. How excited your brother was to see you. How it feels to be able to call your friends and tell them you're back, how soothing it is to lay in our own bed again. Please just enjoy every second of reuniting with your past, I know you've missed it" He said.

He wiped his own tear, laughing awkwardly as he nodded at me.

"Bye for now. We-we're really going home" he said.

I told myself I wouldn't cry now. I mean it. A tear or two doesn't count.

I love him.

Next, I turned to Counselor-nim and hugged him as well.

"Will you boys visit me from time to time? Im really all alone. Company every now and then would be nice." Counselor-nim said as he patted my back.

I pulled away and smiled.

"Of course. We'll stop by whenever we can. Especially in the summers. It's our job to keep your garden looking pretty" I said to him.

"Goodbye Counselor-nim. You've done so much for me and you've helped me a lot. You're like family" I said.

I bit my lip and picked up my bags. Jungkook ran to get the door for me. I smiled at him and hesitantly took a few steps outside. Glancing back. Eyeing Jungkook, then Counselor-nim. Mouthing my final goodbye and turning to go.

All my life before this house I was careless. All I liked was dancing and the attention I got from others just because of my body. I loved leading men on. I loved knowing that what I did was luring. I loved acting dumb and innocent.

Then, I was suddenly stripped from my life of a dancer. I realized my life before was idiotic. My parents didn't love me because I love boys. Leading guys on only lead to trouble. Acting dumb and innocent wasn't anything but me being ignorant. It was my stepping stone and my growth period.

And now that I'm free of this gay house, the future awaits.

-

Writing this chapter, actually felt like I was finishing the story. It almost makes me want to stop and say this is it, but I wont lol.

There's 1 more Jikook chapter
Then the final chapter

And then i'll do a little outro for Namjoon, Taejin, Yoonseok, and Jikook.

Ik i've said this all these last few chapters but again, tysm for reading. I'm so grateful that people have actually taken any interest in my story. It's really incredible to me that even one person would find my story and read it and actually enjoy it. Ahhh