52

JK

*Flashback

I was walking away from a group of girls calling for me. Hopelessly shouting "oppa" repeatedly for my attention. It was annoying. Every day they act like this.

I spotted my friends over by my best friends locker. Yugyeom smiled as soon as he spotted me. He waved me over to him.

It always made me happy when they waved me over or asked me to eat lunch with them. Typically I'm on my own. My friends don't call me over often. It's usually for girl troubles. I guess I don't mind it much. It gets them all off my case anyways.

"Hey Jungkook!" Yugyeom said.

I smiled at them as we all formed into a circle.

"Hey"

"Listen. Jia keeps talking about you. Could you steer her in my direction?" He got right to it.

My smile fell a bit. Usually they get straight to it, then they have to go to class earl or something. I get that, but it still hurts a bit. I always feel left out when it comes to friend activities.

"Jungkook, eunmi too. All she does is ask about you and i've had a crush on her since our 4th year" Mingyu admitted. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Today they all seemed to have girls they wanted me to get them. It's like that every few weeks honestly. None of them could keep a girl for more than five days.

I get it though. I see them and sure, they're beautiful, but nothing strikes me as "oh i need her". I don't think anyone will ever strike me as that.

"Um i guess.- oh also, my birthday parties saturday. You all remembered right?" With these guys, I've found that I need to bug them when it comes to events. If I dont, they all forget.

"Oh right- i can't go. My mom said um no" Yugyeom shrugged.

I sighed. His mom says no to everything. She lets him out on dates all the time, but apparently she's super strict when it comes to sleepovers and stuff.

It sucks because since she hasn't met my parents, I can't spend the night at his house. He said she doesn't like not knowing who his friends parents are. I've also expressed that I don't really feel comfortable asking my parents for things like that.

"Mine too" Mingyu frowned.

"My dad said no"

"I have a fever"

The list went on. I understand though. I never seem to remind them early enough or something. Every event, every birthday, they're always unable to do anything with me. Always.

"Oh... that's ok guys. I'll um... i'll talk to those girls for you..."

"Happy birthday jungkook!" My mother drunkenly slushed her soju all over me.

She handed me a new electronic toothbrush. I'd gotten socks from my dad earlier. Their friends each gave me just about the same type of gifts. It's those gift every year though.

"T-thanks"

My parents aren't drunks. They're just light weights that don't know when to stop once they start. Every year on my birthday they have a giant party for me. Well, for them. They stopped inviting their friends kids over once I started middle school. They just simply invited their friends.

All of them got drunk and trashed the house. Played music too loudly. I'm sure it was fun for everyone else.

And as the party continued on, the music got louder. The guests got more chaotic. My parents were acting trashy. And I was stuck on the stairs, waiting patiently for them to serve cake.