87

Counselor-nim POV
(👀)

7 months later.

The two boys were dressed cozily. Dressing in a way to suit each others outfits, but not to match entirely. The both were running around like mad men. Trying to find where they'd last kicked off their shoes.

Today, Jungkook is 18. That boys grown so much. He was only a stubborn and angry 15 year old when he first came to my therapy home. Moved on to being an emotionally imbalanced 16 year old, and a thoughtful 17 year old. It's enjoyable to me, to watch these boys grow.

"Ready?" I asked, grabbing my keys.

Jimin grabbed Jungkook's hand and both nodded.

We're going out for ice cream. Jungkook wasn't interested in a cake this year. Jin was busy with college at this time of year, he couldn't make it over here during the weekdays. Jungkook wasn't sad at all, he'd agreed to facetime later.

The boys were sitting together in my backseat, leaving me to feel a bit like a chauffeur. From the glances I took at them, they continued holding hands as they looked out their own windows.

Usually nobody picks up on their behavior when we're out. Then again, they normally aren't as lovey as they're choosing to be today. It worries me to see them this way. I'm afraid someone will act cruelly towards them. Hopefully, from an outsiders view, it only seems like they're good friends- very close friends.

Upon arrival to an ice cream shop I'd really loved back when I was young, the two stepped out of the car and rushed to the door immediately. Going inside and finding an open booth. They smiled at me and waved at me from the window. I'd chuckled a bit to myself as I waved back.

They're so energetic. My knees don't work well enough to run excitedly anymore.

I walked over. Glancing at where they were again. The two pecking lips sweetly. Worry began to fill the pit of my stomach. How can they kiss in public? I walked faster. Rushing even, as soon as I'd seen a woman approaching them.

As soon as I was in the shop, I made way to their booth. The two smiled at the woman and nodded their heads.

"Such a sweet couple you two are. Enjoy your day" she commented.

I relaxed.

I leaned against the booth and cleared my throat. Both boys looking over at me as if they'd done nothing wrong.

"What would you like to order?" I asked them.

"Banana split" Jimin said.

"Chocolate sundae" Jungkook ordered.

I nodded my head and went to the register. Pulling my wallet out as the lady smiled.

"One banana split, a chocolate sundae, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a cup please" I ordered.

The woman nodded and rang up my purchase.

"14.50, sir." I'd handed her my card and took out some extra cash and put it in her tip jar. "Thank you very much" she smiled.

I nodded my head and waited alongside the counter for the order.

"I'm assuming the one facing us is your son perhaps? He seems sweet. His boyfriend and him look very good together. Oh, such cute boys." She commented quietly.

I felt myself smile a bit as I glanced back at them holding hands over the table and talking casually. They acted like they were on a date.

People don't seem to mind homosexuality the way they did back in the day, do they? Those boys are treated as well as anyone else.

"Thank you"

-

Did u expect him to be so calm in his thoughts?