72

Jin.

Jungkook looked ready to combust. Time felt like it was in slow motion. In a matter of milliseconds, the knowing and pained look on the boy across from me's face, carved an image in my brain that would never leave me. I disappointed him. It wasn't my fault or anyone elses, but still, I'm the one that must leave, so I'm the one that's hurting him.

The sound of his chopsticks hitting the floor broke our staring contest. He let his eyes drop first. I only sat up straight and cleared my throat. Jimin reached down to pick up his utensil, and set it on the table.

Jungkook didn't acknowledge the gesture though. You could see it on his face. In his eyes, there was emptiness. He felt completely alone despite being surrounded by people who have all their eyes on him.

"I don't feel like eating anymore" he said without looking at any of us, only blankly looking forward. He scooted out and stood up.

For a moment, we all were silent. Jungkook calmly made his way to the me stairs. Yoongi shot me an unreadable look before continuing to eat. Jimin bit his lip and quickly turned to glance at Jungkook. Taehyung and Counselor-nim both were frozen by the tension.

Jimin quietly began to scoot out. Standing up and hesitating to move forward. Flinching when the Jungkook's door could be heard slamming shut. It was clear he'd made his decision to go up once he began towards the stairs though.

"Jimin" I called. I wanted to seem calm, but I felt lost. I had no clue whether to let him go, if we should give him a few minutes to himself, or to go up myself and comfort him since I was the one who brought it up.

Jimin stopped and tilted his head curiously.

Jimin's sweet, very comforting and easily brings warmth to someone who could use some, but this is on me. It is my issue, and only I can put him at ease since I'm the one leaving. Jimin will keep him cozy once I'm gone.

"I think it's best that we leave him be and just eat our meal. While Taehyung is talking to you and Yoongi, I'll go up and chat with him. Right now though, I think some space will be good for him" I said.

His jaw clenched, but unclenched not even a millisecond later. He let his jealousy go, and nodded his head.

We all ate our meals in silence, Jimin covered Jungkook's food and put it in the fridge, and and Taehyung sat on the couch with Yoongi, ready to break the news to them.

I sighed in both discomfort and sorrow as I made my way up the stairs. In just a short while, I'll be leaving him. He really is like my son.

I knocked on his door.

"I don't want to talk" he said back.

He must have been right beside the door frame. His voice was close.

"Jungkook, come on, we need to talk about this" I sighed "You knew it would happen eventually"

"I just want don't want to talk right now"

"I let you have your space, don't completely isolate yourself. Let me talk with you" I spoke in a soothing tone.

Moments passed and he didn't respond. I frowned and furrowed my brows.

And just as I opened my mouth to ask again, the door opened. Jungkook not wasting a second to wrap his arms around me and hold me tight. His body was shaky and his breaths were irregular.

"Please just stay" he whispered sadly.

It was one of those unsteady whispers. The ones where if you were to talk any louder, your voice would crack and you'd begin to sob. It was a distant and self-protective whisper. One where Jungkook was slowly building up his walls so he could pull away and pretend to be ok. I know better than that though.