69

Taehyung

I take my HGT every other week like we're meant to. Everyone besides Namjoon takes their tests at that pace. Namjoon insisted on taking it weekly though, counselor-nim let him, mostly because he got a kick out of watching Namjoon's mental breakdown after finding out he failed. He even got a kick out of grading his test right after he took it and telling him the score early.

For the rest of us we wait until our next legitimate counseling appointment. I took my test last week, I lied too. Around Counselor-nim, I'd like to think I'm quite the actor. Besides, Jin and I snuck around for over a month, we still are as quiet as possible when we do it. Unlike Jungkook and Jimin who as I speak are banging into the afternoon. Anyways, there's hasn't been proof for months now to show whether I truly am "cured" or not.

Even now. Counselor-nim is sitting in front of me, training me in the ways of a heterosexual, and I've got him completely tuned out. However I've learned that if I nod my head and stare him blankly in the eyes, he takes that as me absorbing everything I must know.

"And again, since you've passed you'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon, so I wish luck to you in the outside world as a newly healed soul and a wonderfully heterosexual individual" Counselor-nim cheered.

My jaw dropped.

"What?" I questioned.

No. I mean yes, but not now. Jin's birthdays in about a week. What am I going to do? I can't just leave him like this. I can't leave Jimin. Even Yoongi and Jungkook- but I can see Hoseok again. I miss my best friend- shit, no. I can't just leave yet.

"C-Can I stay longer?"

"What? Of course not. Taehyung, you scored a beautiful 90! That's incredible considering you came out to your parents yourself, unlike the a few of the others who did try to hide it."

"M-my mom isn't going to drive out what? like 3 hours to drive to Seoul and another 3 hours back to Daegu without at least a weeks notice? We'll have to just get ahold of her and wait to see what works for her." I reasoned.

I bit my lip nervously as I shrunk in my seat. Hoping that I'll get just one more week. One week with Jin. One week to spend his birthday with him.

"Well, I suppose you're right. You are farther from home than Namjoon was, and I did tell Hoseok in advance, so he had the week to prepare. I suppose I'll have to begin telling you right after the test whether you passed or not" he thought it over.

I sighed in relief. There was no way I could leave tomorrow.

"I'll call your mom to make plans, would you like to speak to her any?" He questioned.

"Um- O-ok"

He pulled out his phone and began to search for the contact. My head began to ache as he held it to his ear. It just reminds me of how she simply ignored me for days. Then suddenly one day at dinner received a call. When she got off she smiled sweetly at me- for the first time in a while- and she told me I was going to a fun summer camp for a few weeks. Well, it's been half a year now and this definitely wasn't a summer camp.

However, to say it wasn't at least fun would be a lie. In a way I'm attached to this place. The beds are comfy and Counselor- nim makes delicious food. I found both my best friends and hopefully first and last love. It also gave me tips to hide my sexuality from people like my parents, the ones who just can't understand. I also simply felt safe here. Sure, I haven't had social media or proper sunlight in actual months, but I did have cheesy lame dates with Jin. Besides, I could've gone to the backyard, but never did. None of us ever have. We all just prefer to stay upstairs. We're patients, not slaves after all.

I tuned out Counselor-nim's planning. Instead I just reminisced my time in this "gay house". I found myself smiling about it even.

It wasn't until the counselor was actually shoving the phone in my face and I heard my mom calling out my name that reality hit me.

"Mom?" I said as I put the phone to my ear.

"Taehyung! I'm so glad to hear you're better. I've missed you so much my dear boy. I'm sorry though, I won't be able to pick you up until about the 6th? Is that alright? If not I could always send Mr. Lee some money for you to take a train home" She said.

So that's his last name.

"The 6th works great. Thank you, mom. I-I'm glad I'm healed too" I lied.

At least I can spend Jin's birthday with him.

-
Keshi??? I love him what the—-
Anyone else???
If not I suggest listening to "the reaper" or "2 soon" of just that whole EP or any other
Such a gem.

Also how you feeling??? The fic ok still??? Happy for Jikook??? How you taking this new conflict lmAO