83

Yoongi POV

Jimin and Jungkook had spent the last few days together. Even when they'd invite me to join into their movie time or their dorky dance parties, I'd told them I wanted to spent my time reading.

Really, I just didn't want to third wheel any longer. The more I do it, the more out of place I feel. They both try hard to include me. Even Jungkook does. I hate that the brat leaves me feeling guilty. It's like he's nice to me just to be spiteful. However, he doesn't do it to be. He's actually sincere in his offers. Still, its malicious and he doesn't even realize it.

The other day I'd stumbled a bit when leaving the table. He'd caught me with just one arm. His whole arm acting as a safety net for my torso and he so effortlessly brought me back to my feet. Even kindly patting my hoodie down and asking me with some kind of Jimin-esque eye smile- with his own bunny bitch twist to it.

It was in that moment I realized I don't necessarily hate the kid. I just simply don't click with him. He annoys me too much too. I still think he isn't good enough for Jimin either. The brat is still entirely too immature. Even with all the progress he's made, it's still goin to take time. He's really making an effort and working hard on his people skills.

He's making an effort to be good enough for Jimin. I can't lie and say I don't respect that.

This was all my general thought process as I'd made my way upstairs. Jimin and Jungkook were taking a bath together while I was at counseling. They do this usually every time I am.

"I miss the others" I heard Jungkook say.

They left the door opened just a crack. From where I stood, I could see the mirror. The exact one that reflects them in the tub. Taking a bubble bath. Jimin sitting with his back to Jungkook as a bubble bearded Jungkook washed a bubble bearded Jimin.

"And I'll miss you when we leave" he sighed.

Jimin furrowed his brows and readjusted himself in the water. Correcting his posture a bit.

Even I'd furrowed my brows, confused at what he was implying here.

"I miss them too. And we'll still talk often, Jungkook."

Jungkook stopped massaging the soap into Jimin's hair. Letting his arms fall beneath the bubbles. A frown taking over his face.

"I'll miss you being like this though"

"What do you mean?"

"Us being- together like this" he said softly.

They still weren't official?

What I said to Jungkook about them not actually being together was only to rile him up. They're so clearly an item. I wonder if this has been something on his mind since then.

Jimin pouted and pressed his back against Jungkook's chest.

I felt my chest tighten.

"I don't like that you're so accustomed to disappointment"

Jungkook laughed a hollow and pitiful laugh.

"I'm not, I'm just accustomed to reality"

Jungkook sincerely must struggle with himself. This is Jungkook in a raw, unguarded state. Full of insecurity and a needy desire to build his confidence and outlook. The kid must really be at a low point. Depression more severe than anyone I've ever met. Yet smiling for Jimin. Letting counselor-nim and jin help him. Sticking up for himself when I tried to tear him down.

Something about seeing Jungkook in this state brought another aspect of his personality to respect.

Jin basically told me the kids a complete idiot. Slow and uncontrollable. Yet here he is, displaying his ability to discuss his emotions. Able to have a serious conversation with Jimin without acting like a moron. Either Jungkook is so devoted to changing his ways, or Jin just exaggerated how fragile the kid really is. From where I stand, Jungkook seems to be the strongest person I've had the displeasure of meeting.

"Reality is, I love you. n fact, I love you so much that I want to make us 100% official" Jimin smiled

Jungkook and I's eyes both had widened.

"Y-you really want me to be your bf?" He questioned. Shifting so he was looking at Jimin and so I could no longer see his facial expressions.

Jimin turned to look at him. Nodding his head. Jungkook hadn't accepted just yet. Instead he took advantage of their shifted bodies and kissed Jimin.

"Is that a yes?" Jimin questioned as he pulled away.

"Yes!"

A sweet giggle escaoed Jimins lips before he closed his eyes and tilted his head again.

"Officially mine" he whispered before leaning in for another kiss.

The kiss wasn't raunchy. Wasn't fast or needy. Wasn't slow with lots of heavy lip smacking. It was simple and sweet.

It left me feeling like I'd been rejected yet again, but also relieved. Sadness panged my heart as happiness filled it right afterwards. I was in a state of confusion over this.

I still don't like the brat- again, I just don't hate him.

So when they got back into their original possition and Jungkook began to gently rinse Jimin's still soapy locks, jungkook had a small smile that carried heavy emotion behind it. And once Jimin's hair was no longer soapy, Jungkook nuzzled the smallers neck with his nose.

"Mine" he spoke softly against Jimin's skin.

His

I let out a breathy sigh as I lazily made my way to my room. Glancing back only once.

Seems I did the right thing, I guess.

-

I'll take some time to decide this, but I think I'd like to delete Jungkooks dream as well as Yoongi's following chapter.

It just seems a bit forced and was really just a filler.

Do you think it'd be alright? No major alteration right??

Also, ty to those who lmk what u think! I really do enjoy reading comments, especially how you feel at certain parts or just general opinions. It really helps me to understand what the readers pick up and to make sure the setting i've created is right.

 It really helps me to understand what the readers pick up and to make sure the setting i've created is right

Stole this from ig and was taken from twt. Lol. Comedic geniuses