38

Yoongi

Days later. I was alone in my room while Hoseok was downstairs taking his HGT. Jimin offered to hang out with me so I wasn't lonely, but looking at him hurt me.

I wouldn't call Hoseok a rebound. We aren't together. Both of us know whatever we've had the last few days was nothing but empty kisses and sexual nothings. Even though there is a bond and an attraction from both sides, nothing will happen. The both of us have too many walls up to let anything happen.

Besides, in the end it felt wrong to do anything. It felt best to just be friends. Extremely close friends. When I look at him, I see a best friend. When I kiss him I wonder if it's ok to still think 'best friend'.

And Jimin still occupies part of my mind. I think it's time I just get over him though. He's clearly got whatever going on with Jungkook. There's no hope.

"Hey"

I turned to see Hoseok walk in. Walking over to me and just before sitting down, pecking my forehead. I smiled at him then.

"Hi. How was it?" I asked.

His smile faded.

"I think... well, I think I passed"

Locking his arm with my own, he rested his head on my shoulder. Turning inward and sighing.

"You sure?" I frowned too.

My chest grew heavy as the air grew thicker. I could feel Hoseok's heartbeat against my arm. Beating at a confusing rate. Slow enough to be calming, fast enough to know he was affected by this too.

"Yes" he finally answered

I only sighed and rested my head against his.