62

Namjoon's POV

I got the answer out of counselor-nim early. I passed.

It wasn't shocking that I did. My perfect score originally was how I actually felt. I was upset I didn't go home then, but when I saw Jin also got a zero it brought me back to reality. Of course he did. Jin is gay.

I stayed here for him, and planned to until he turned 19. Then we could leave together. Instead, we've broken up. That's fine, I'm over it now. I just no longer see the point in staying when I have an education to keep up with.

I barged into Taehyungs room. Unsurprisingly, Jin was in there. The two were laying down and holding hands and talking with each other. Both had smiles on their faces and both looked at each other with so much love.

I guess Taehyung really is what's best for him. They have more in common. He can be just as clingy as Jin. He makes Jin laugh more than I could. I felt bad about that much. I was more serious than Jin, even when we were just best friends. I was just glad he never seemed to mind.

The two looked over to me. Jin quirked a brow and Taehyung smiled kindly. What a jerk. He took Jin's heart from me and I can't even be upset with him because he's so kind. I hate his age still, but can admit he's so damn nice it pisses me off.

I cleared my throat and scratched my head.

"I uh- passed. I just thought I'd let you jjow that. I didn't feel like I had a reason to stay anymore. I can finally quit pretending like the test is hard. Um, and quickly- Taehyung-ssi, no hard feelings right? I'm fine as long as you are. Jin, I'm sorry I wasn't the perfect guy for you, I'm glad you found that person though. I hope that when this is all past us, you can come back to me as my best friend. I miss that." I've never felt all that shy about saying things before, but that left my face feeling so warm.

Taehyung continued to smile and nodded to confirm there was no hard feelings between us.

"I miss that too, Namjoon-ah. I'll come back to you as your best friend, I promise. Do you have the week still?" Jin said.

That was enough to make up for this whole disaster. A simple "I'll come back to you as your best friend, I promise" was entirely enough.

It was enough to make me regret requesting an early leave too, but I have to get out of here. I'll see him again soon anyways. It'll be ok.

"I'll talk about that when dinner comes"

-

Everyone around the table. Except Jungkook and Jimin of course. Taehyung already told Jimin, he said goodbye. Jungkook knows, he won't talk to me at all.

I don't know what I did, but he seems to hate me a whole lot. I don't mind all that much, he's just a kid.

The only person who doesn't know I'm leaving yet is Yoongi. He's the second guy I've ever had sex with. It was a bit weird, but Jin wanted it and if he's happy then I don't mind.

"So, are you going to stay the week?" Jin questioned, getting straight to the point before anyone had even filled their plates.

"I'm not. I don't really see the point in it when I should register for school as soon as possible. I've decided, I'll stay until our last meal tomorrow" I sighed.

His usually perky expression fell somewhat as he began to serve Taehyung then himself.

"I'll make sure we're all down here then" He forced a smile. "And there will be no fights whatsoever."

He's such a sincere person, despite being full of himself. I think so long as your hearts good, it's ok to be a bit stuck up. He proves that. I'm glad to have this time where we're ok with each other again.

"Thank you" I nodded.

I smiled at him and Taehyung both before grabbing some food for myself.

"No problem"

He smiled too. Does this officially mean I got my best friend back?

—-

This book is getting closer and closer to it's end.
Ahhhh- still a decent amount to go, but close.
You ready??