86

Jimin POV

One Year Later.

I laid in Jungkook's arms in Counselor-nim's backyard. He had a small garden out here. We rested beside a tree. The both of us enjoying the sunny day, despite it being February.

It was cool out, it wasn't bothersome tho. Refreshing. Jungkook and I spent last summer enjoying the yard. We are why there is a garden. Counselor-nim didn't mind since we're his only patients. In fact, there's been times where we've had outings, as well.

He's taken us to the ocean. We've gone to the movies twice. Even Jin and Taehyung came to visit for Jungkook's 17th birthday. They reached out in order to surprise us.

The others didn't though. I was surprised that Yoongi didn't come too, at least. He's friends with Jin. He's from Daegu too, the three of them could've came together. Taehyung even said that all of the guys kept in contact actually.

I guess I could understand not wanting to come back for Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok though. Hoseok didn't stay nearly as long as the rest of us. There's no attachment. Namjoon is studying abroad, from what Jin mentioned in September. Yoongi, Possibly because of work? School? Several factors.

It's alright though. I'm just glad that Counselor-nim's given us a chance to enjoy our teens now that it's just us two.

Jungkook played with my hair. I smiled up at him. He grinned back. Something about the way he smiles makes my heart flutter. It's been two years since we've been here in total. You'd think we'd be miserable. Yet, a once miserable boy is now smiling so brightly. One glance and you can just tell he's achieved happiness.

I'm so in love with him.

We're broken up though. We have been for three months. He dumped me because he thought it would be my chance to go home. He really put my freedom before his emotions. I at the time was ungrateful for it though. I cried a lot, punched his chest and called him names. He was hurt by it. He hoped that I'd see it the way he did.

After about a week of ignoring him, he broke though to me. Holding me as I cried. I remember telling him "just because I'm single, doesn't make me any less gay. Counselor-nim knows this about me". He comforted me. He kissed my forehead. Jungkook was there for me as a dear friend and cared for me. That's when I realized I needed him beside me, even if we aren't together anymore. I couldn't just ignore him because he broke up with me.

One month later and I actually enjoyed being simply just his best friend. I really loved it. Every movie night. Every time we went to the park and ran around and just had fun.

Even now I enjoy how we are, but I want him to be mine again. Even then. Even when he showed me that I needed him even if it was just as a friend- i longed for more. I realized that Jungkook is ex boyfriend, my best friend, but I also realized that he's my crush and my first love.

when I see him happy like this, when he makes my heart flutter as it is now, It makes me miss being his so much- too much.

"Jungkook" I said as I reached my hand up to caress his cheek.

My smile faded. Not in a sad way. I wasn't frowning. I was simply just expressionless.

"Hm" He hummed.

"It's weird not kissing you when u make my heart flutter." I spoke honestly.

I've said this to him before. I wasn't shy about this crush. Only, each time I told him it ended the same. Unresolved. He's even brought up a new reason why we shouldn't be together. He's brought up that maybe we like each other because we're all we have to interact with.

He sighed and nuzzled into my hand just a bit. Resting his own hand over mine.

"What if we only like each other while we're here? What about the possibility of you getting to go home?"

If us breaking up would've sent me home, it definitely would have already done so by now.

I shook my head

"It's boring here, so I can understand your first concern. I am bored here, but I like you. I liked you before I was bored here. I've seen you grow a lot as a person. I really like how you've grown Jungkook..." I paused and brought my arm back down to my stomach. "I really do. I love you. Before we said I love you, but we only really liked each other. Now I feel, you are my first love."

This is the farthest we've gotten into this conversation already. Three months later and today is the day I wont let this conversation go. I want my boyfriend back.

"First love? You mean it?" He questioned.

I nodded my head and sat up. Facing him now. Sitting on my knees as I looked him in the eyes.

"And I want to kiss you"

His gaze dropped as he too sat up a bit.

"You're my first love too, Jimin"

I know I am. I know, so Jungkook, date me again.

A smile overtook my face as I lost sight of him. My eyes closing as I smiled cheek to cheek. I reached my arm out and tugged his shirt towards me and pulled him over me. Leaning back and pushing my legs out so that I laid on my back. He caught himself rather than slamming his body into mine. I opened my eyes but my smile remained.

"Be my boyfriend again, Jungkook-ah. I miss that title, don't you?"

His stare transitioned back and forth between my lips and my own eyes.

"Jimin, we've only been broken up for 3 months. We're together daily. How can you miss it, it's barely left us." He reasoned.

He's rejecting me here, but why do I still feel optimistic? I feel as though, he wants to be with me, but isn't convinced it's a good idea right now.

"Because Jungkook, I miss you even though you're right beside me. Because we aren't intimate anymore- Because you're tall and handsome. Because you're a good friend. Because you listen and you are goofy." I slung my arms over his neck. We laid in the same position we fell in. "You know, my favorite trait about you, is that you're considerate. That is a unique trait to have. You think of me, you think of others in situations where I'd only think of myself. I miss having you being with me. You are incredible"

I stared at him. He was silent a moment. Then before I knew it, he was slowly leaning in. Kissing me softly.

"You- you say all this about me, but you know how horrible I am doing the same. I'm working on it. I love you. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to telling you how much I appreciate you, Jimin. Just know that I do, ok?"

He's always been good at letting me know how he feels, in my opinion. The only thing he struggles with is why he feels what he's feeling. That's okay though, he said so himself, he's working on it. I just wish he wouldn't doubt himself.

"You don't need to tell me why you love me Jungkook. I am happy just knowing that you do. Besides, it's your little gestures I appreciate most. The little tells that let me know how you feel. I know you like to be told though, so that is why I tell you. We are different and we enjoy receiving love differently." I explained.

A wave of relief hit his face. He was so relaxed.

"Will you be my boyfriend, again?" I asked.

It feels like so long since I asked him to begin with.

"Yes."

-

Ok this wasn't in my original plan. The original time jump was actually larger.
I just really wanted to put this in because it lets you know vaguely what the others are up to
As well as— some character growth that you don't get to see over time, but just like a result of.
Next chapter will be another time leap.
This was just a nice break basically before the final chapters really take off. Some of the final chapters sort of go together.
I will also do a sort of lifetime movie final outcome of each of them when I'm officially done, because its always been the plan, but also since i know some of you would like to know how things are going for the others.

Are you ready for the end?