72 Killer's Confession

Magsimula sa umpisa

Soon, I am in front of the restaurant we decided to hit on. I can sense the bile rising in my throat with the thought of meeting my back stabber in front of me. Goodness, just don’t let the panic attack me in front of him. Adjusting my jacket tightly I make my way through the street covered in snow. I turned my phone to silent long back and I have this feeling that I will be doomed tonight.

Antony waves his hand for me sitting on the table at the corner of the crowded family restaurant. I preferred to be in a crowded sober place rather than being in a bar with him. I believe being in a bar with him is more dangerous. How the hell he could smile after doing all this shit?

“Hey beautiful.” He beams flashing his infamous smile. I force out a smile and without saying any word, I pull out a chair and sit on it. “Sorry for the last time.” My ears perk up hearing the sentence and I look up at him in surprise to see the smirk on his face.

“Sorry… for what?” he chuckles hearing my unsure question.

“For ditching you.”

“Oh.” I breathe out and let out a nervous laugh.

“Yeah, I called you there but got trapped in something interesting.” He says dramatically sipping down the clear water from the glass. Was planning to kill me was interesting? We chat on like regularly until we order our dinner. I cannot pretend for longer and I know in few moment, I will burst out like anything. The thing that pisses me off is the way how normal he is acting, as if we’re still on good terms. Are we?

I have this big question right now rising in my mind. If Antony is the demon of lust and has the ability similar to Jungkook, then why he never tried it on me? Was he never interested in me? Or I am not attractive enough to match his standards? It’s not like I am dying for it, but it is strange. From the information what I have, he even hooked up with Rachael and Amy in the past, so why not me? And to be honest, I never felt those crazy thoughts in my mind about him. What the hell is this?

“Why not me?” I blurt out dropping the cutlery from my hands and looking directly at Antony. He raises his brow in question as I stare at him in distress. “Why you never tried your super powers or demonic thing on me?” His eyes widen immediately like saucers. He didn’t expect this from me I know, but neither had I expected such a filthy act coming from him.

“What?” he asks taking another sip of water.

“I know about it Antony, just give me my answer.”

“I…” he stops and then sighs before continuing, “If you’re talking about that night, then-”

“I am not talking about that night,” I cut him off before he completes his sentence. “I know everything about it and I don’t need any explanation on it. Just tell me why the hell you never used your powers on me.”

“Because I never wanted to.” He leans back on his chair and looking straight at me as if everything is normal.

“Okay, but were you aware of who I am from the beginning?”

“No.” I stare at him looking for something I don’t know what it is. I know I said I don’t want to talk about that night, but I want him to explain me why he did that. “Look,” as if hearing my thoughts, he speaks, “about that night, I never had the intention to actually kill you. I knew the bullet will never hit you. If I wished I could’ve pulled the trigger as soon as I pointed the laser at you, but I waited for someone to notice it.” I hate to admit it, but what he says actually makes sense.

“But why did you do it if you’re intention wasn’t to kill me?”

“It was for a threat, for what they did to Nathan. It was the idea of my leader to send a threat at their way, to let them remind that we’re not done yet.”