38 It Was Bound To Happen

Start from the beginning

Here comes the drop making the walls of my stomach to twist and turn again. I close my eyes shut as the force of wind hitting my eyes increases and I encircle my hands around Jungkook’s neck tightly in the fear of slipping from his arms. I really don’t want to die, that’s the last thing I want it to happen, and I love my life even more. I squeal feeling the adrenaline rush once again all over my body and with a thud, everything stops, just it’s the light chilly breeze.

I open my eyes and the first thing I see are the dark eyes staring down at me. He has a mischievous smile on his sinful lips that never fail to tempt me, and one more thing I notice is that there is zero trace of vulnerability or innocence on his face anymore. I love the way his breath is falling on my face and I feel him walking. Feeling the lack of confidence, I avert my gaze and feel surprised to see that his wings are disappeared and get more astonished to find that we’re by the lake. I don’t know why but this place soothes my brain and soul both just like the last time.

Jungkook stops walking and crouches down to let me sit on something hard yet comfortable, only to find that it is a wood log carved in a shape of a natural sofa. These kinds of settings we often find near the beaches by the forests and all. I tear my gaze from the dark wood and look forward towards the clear view of the lake. Wow, such a breathless view. The lake is still giving the mirror reflection of the dark sky above and the most amazing part of the view is that the full moon looks like a fat webo staring right through my soul and challenging me to compare it with the moonless night sky I love the most and I am obsessed with. I got to admit that this is the most beautiful scene I have seen in my life yet.

And suddenly, just to ruin everything, every fucking thing like a tornado hitting me, I remember whatever happened with me lately and what the hell that was. My calm and soft expression is now covered with an unpleasant frown and I turn to face the person sitting next to me, already staring at me. He has a poker face on while looking at me like a creep and I need to admit that looks hot. Because of moonlight falling on us, everything is illuminating on his milky tan skin. His hair looks extra shiny than it already is and his skin looks like as if they’re radiating light and because of his skin tone, he looks nothing but the piece of a moon itself.

“Jungkook,” my voice is a bit unpleasant because of keeping quiet for so long “what the hell happened to me?” He sighs and passes his hand through his hair to push the long locks back and to tuck behind his ears. Oh I feel so dead with that simple and breath taking action. He looks down on the grass and then back to me with a look of frown and furrowed brows.

“When you were sent into the void,” his voice sounds exhausted making me doubt whether he slept properly or not, “no one knew the physical pain could be felt in the real body while the soul of yours would be facing. Of course Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung knew about it and so does Jimin hyung. They knew this gonna happen to you and still none of the three objected on that. That kinda…” he trails of in an attempt to find a correct word for what he wants to explain. Finally he sighs again and averts his gaze from mine to look at the lake in front of us. He is hesitating to speak and I understand what he must have felt that time. “Pissed me off and I threw a tantrum, a big one you could say.”

He stops explaining and I keep my mouth shut to let everything sink in my system. He is still avoiding my gaze and that is kinda cute to see him acting like that. He is indeed worried and I feel really pathetic to cause him that, but as I said before, the deepest part of my heart is screaming out of joy.

“What do you mean by tantrum?” I could imagine him letting out all his frustration over the elders and that’s really a bit of inappropriate, but I won’t blame him. He now turns to me and holds my hands with his. They’re cold but still it gives me warmth.