36 Hoping It To Be A Dream

Start from the beginning

“N-No, I cannot leave you on your own without showing the sun chamber.” She says with her trembling voice.

“No,” I shake my head, “you need to leave. If you will get caught, I don’t even want to imagine what will happen to you.”

“That doesn’t matter, I will get caught no matter what,” she says in a pleading tone, “b-but you need to make haste. The sun will set in no time.” I look at the window at the end of corridor and she is probably right. The sky is turning a bit shady and that’s not a good sign given the information I have regarding it. In vain, I nod my head and she hastily starts to walk. Since my body is weak, I am limping my way towards wherever she is leading me to. I give a last look to the body of white man and feel the guilt and anger consuming me at the same time. I should not be guilty, he tried to kill me, but then again, killing is the last thing, well I don’t think there was any other option left.

I sigh and try to brush the thought and focus on the work I’ve got to do. After a while of turning different hallways, she stops in front of a big golden door. The door reminds me of Jungkook and his wings. If this is the sun chamber, then I will see my wings for the first time. But, what if my real wings would be not like this one?

My thoughts get startled by Safroon hissing out something in a Greek language that appeared as if she is cursing. I look at her with confusion and look distressed.

“What is it?” I ask.

“The door is closed, why did I not see this coming?” She massages her temples while her brows are furrowed.

“By the way, why there is no one to guard this room?” I ask out of curiosity. Rest the entire palace has security like there is some sort of treasure inside, well there definitely is, but this floor is empty as barren island.

“That’s because no one can come here except the higher demons.” Wait, that means she is not a demon? “The sun chamber is very spiritual for common demons to enter. And currently, the angel’s wings are practically useless.” Oh yeah, that makes sense.

“If that’s useless, then why don’t they just destroy it?” I ask while she is finding a way to unlock the door.

“They tried, to burn it in the fire, but the fire got down but the wings stood still as it is. Probably, there is no way to destroy the Angel’s wings.”

If it is indestructible then it must be also present in our time too. If that’s the case, then why the hell I came all the way to this void and here, oh yeah, drea-

“Found the way!” Safroon exclaims startling me off my thoughts. I look at her sliding a locker kind of thing in the middle of the golden door revealing a combination lock. She closes her eyes and holds her hands up in the air while swirling her wrists together before opening her eyes and keeping her hands in front of the combination. She is one of the higher demons. The combination clicks and she pushes open the door wide, letting me have the view of the inside. “Let’s go inside.” She says and I walk along with her, but once we’re inside, the door behind us closes and black smokes start to appear around us. “Oh my, they have cursed this room with demonic smokes.” She hisses again. Her form is getting blurred due to the smoke arising around us.

I look at the straight front and let out a gasp. The wings! I smile involuntarily looking at a pair of beautiful white wings sparkling with diamond like glitters on them. That’s beautiful, beyond beautiful.

I try to walk further so that I could get the fur and leave this shithole forever, but as I take a step ahead, I feel like my body flying. What the hell, the black smoke kind of thing are caging my waist and my foot are no longer on the ground. In a split second, I am being thrown to the corner of the room with full force. I scream as the wall hit my back harshly. I shut my eyes close as I feel the pain coursing my whole body, as if someone broke my backbone while taking it out of my flesh. I cry and wince on the ground feeling my body being numb.