Chapter 73

I wrote names on the small blank cards and handed them to Mason. He put them in an envelope and sealed it. "You're having fun." I smiled at him and he shrugged. "How many people are coming, got damn."

  "One hundred and thirty-two." We picked out our location last week at a rustic barn, yet it has an elegant touch. "We should have set the date further." I spoke softly and handed him the card. "Nah, it's perfect. A month away in June. I'm excited for the honeymoon though." He snickered.

   "Where is it going to be at?"

"It's a suprise." He smiled. "You have to tell me!"

   "I can't." He put the last card into the envelope.

   I took the envelopes and and decorated them with lace and sequins. "After the summer, you'll be a junior in college." Mason smiled at me and handed me another envelope. "Yeah, I'm excited Sophmore and Freshman year has been really hard."

   "You're halfway through baby, I'm proud of you." He kissed my forehead and handed me more envelopes.

   Mason's birthday is in a couple of days and I still don't know what I should get him. I invited Cade and Sidney along so we can go grocery shopping.

  "Get him a sexy outfit." Sidney snickered. "A sexy outfit?"

   "Yeah, like you find some lingerie and that will be is present." Not a bad idea. "He would like that, but he also needs a new pair of boots." Cade smiled at me.

   We split up. Cade helped me find clothes and boots, since his size is closer to Mason and Sidney found lingerie. We bought four shirts, jeans, boots, and lingerie. We bought wrapping bags and paper and wrapped them at the store

   I lied down in the bed and watched the blades on the ceiling fan spin around and around. "What are you thinking about?" A raspy voice tickled my ears. "Nothing." The bed weighed down and he propped himself up on his elbow and hovered over me. "Really, what are you think about?"

   "A baby." I spoke quietly, almost to a whisper. "A baby." Mason mimicked me. He smiled and kissed my cheek. "A baby." I nodded and he smiled again. "When? Are you sure? You"ll be a junior. I can work a night school maybe. You can have your schedule modified.."

  "Mason."

   "I know, I'm sorry. I just really want this."

"I was just thinking about it though. Remember what my doctor said?" He sighed and layed down beside me. "Your doctor is full of shit. You can have a baby and ours will be the prettiest out of all." He laughed beside me and I joined him.

   "You haven't been to work in ages." He broke our laughter. "He only makes me come on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

   "Yeah, but you haven't went alot."

  "I keep telling him I'm sick. I think I want to find a new job."

    "A new job? You love singing, that's your passion."

  "I know, but if there is something that makes more money, I need to take it. What if we do have a baby? We can't afford it."

   "I make alot of money."

  "Average."

    "Do you keep forgetting I have money saved up from what I use to do. You have money saved up to."

   "Yeah, thats for emergencies though."

"Sierra, we have enough money to buy an actual house and afford a baby. You and I, we can do it."

   He kissed me and squeezed me tight. Is he right? Will we get a house after marriage? Will we be able to have kids? I have to get a new job. He can't hold us up with his. It's summer and a new year is starting. My wedding is less than a month away.