Chapter 43

I woke up in the middle of the night, covered with sweat and Mason's body. I really have to pee. I gently shook him and pushed him to the side. He shot his head up, "Where you going? Are you okay?" I stroked his hair back, "Bathroom."

   "Please don't be mad at me. I wasn't in my right mind. I didn't want to be mean to her. I'm just.. I'm distraught about the whole thing, and I.."

   "I know. It's fine, I'm okay." I saw the uneasy filling his eyes. He moved his hand to my jaw and shook his head, "I'm so fucked up." I sat up, "Why? What are you thinking?"

   "I've put you through so much. I... I ruined your innocence." What?

  "Ruined my innocence? Stop, you're okay. I'm okay. Babe, we're gonna be alright." He forced a smile and kissed my jawline. I got up and walked to the bathroom. The light almost blinded me. After I used the toilet, I walked to the mirror. My side hurts. I lifted up my shirt and saw a huge bruise on my ribs all the way to my waist. I touched it, and I flinched. What the hell did I do last night. Did I fall? I heard Mason walking towards me and the door open. I pulled my shirt down. "Hey, are you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah, yeah." He walked up to me and place his hands on my waist. I flinched and moved them. "What's wrong? I thought you said you wasn't mad." I shook my head and put a hand on my side. Mason looked at it, then grabbed the bottom of my shirt. He tried to tug it up, but I grabbed his hand. "What? Show me." I sighed. He pulled up my shirt and his mouth dropped. "What the fuck did you do?" He bent down lower to get a better look. "I don't know." I felt him touch it and I flinched. "Don't touch it!"

   "I think you fractured a rib. Babe, you probably need to go to the hospital." I pulled my shirt down, "No I don't. I'm fine. Let's go back to bed." He followed me into the bedroom and we layed down to sleep. "You're going to the hospital tomorrow." He mumbled. I looked at him. His eyes were closed and he was rubbing my leg. "No."

  "Sierra."

  "Hospitals freak me out."

      "Well it's not meant to be an enjoyable thing."

   "What are they suppose to do to help if I have a fractured rib?"

  "I don't know? Give you medicine or some shit."

  "Goodnight." I spoke softly

    I felt a rumble in my ear and that woke me up. Mason was snoring. I walked to the bathroom and cut on the shower. I washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner. I love the kind Mason bought me, it smells like strawberries. I remember him picking it out. He held it under his nose and squeezed the bottle, accidently, some hit his nose. I got out and dryed my hair. I curled it and tucked the sides in to frame my face. I walked to the bedroom and dressed in pants, and a long sleeve. I sat on the bed and pulled up my boots. "Babe." I whispered. "Huh?" He mumbled. "Want to go to the hospital with me?" He nodded and sat up in bed. "I'll go make breakfast."

   I cooked bacon and waffles, Masons favorite breakfast food. I sat his plate down at the table along with a fork, butter, and syrup. I just ate a couple pieces of bacon. "This looks yummy." Mason smiled and grabbed my waist. I moved and he yanked his hand back, "Sorry, sorry!"

     We sat in the hospital waiting room. "Man, since I met you I have been in the hospital more than I have in my whole life." I joked and his eyes sternly shifted at me, "Sorry, it was a joke."

   "Not a funny one." He put his hood on and stared ahead. I layed my head on his lap, "Don't." He put his hand on my head and stroked my hair. "Dean, Sierra?" I stood up, "We would like to take some X-rays."

   I sat up on the table and stared at the fluoresant light, while two nurses investigated. The pointed at the screen and nodded. "So, was there any chance you hit something?" One asked me, "No, I don't remember really."

   "Well you have three fractured ribs, and I think that's a bruised one there."

   "What should I do to help it?"

  "The best thing to do is to take it easy. No lifting, moving, running, sleeping on one side of your body..." Mason looked at me as I put my shirt on.

    "Look at this dent!" Mason pointed to the drivers side of my truck. "Holy shit, do you think you ran into it?" I lifted up my shirt and stood next to it. "It's the same shape." He whispered.