Chapter 40

It's been two weeks since I found out I was pregnant. We haven't told anyone yet. I don't plan on it, until I'm showing more. I decided to skip school today, I'm not feeling good at all. My head is pounding and my chest hurts. Mason seems to understand, and he also seems somewhat, excited.

  I stand in front of the bathroom mirror and lift my shirt. I haven't grown at all. I place my hands under my belly button to feel a difference. I don't. I turn to the side, no bump. I know it's still early, but I have rarely had symptoms. I heard the front door open and boots hit the floor. "Sierra?"

    "Bathroom!" I called and he walked in smiling at me. He came up next to me and placed his hand on my belly. "I don't look different." I told him and he looked in the mirror at us. "It'll take a while to show, right?" I shrugged. I laughed as Mason got on his knees and put his other hand on my belly. "What are you doing?"

   "Talking to it." He smiled up at me, then kissed my stomach. He was whispering and I couldn't hear him. The part I caught was, "It's a secret, don't tell her." He got up and kissed me, "How are you feeling?"

   "Better."

"Good, I brought home a movie, if you wanna watch it."

   "Sure! What movie?"

  "I don't know some cop movie." I laughed, "The one where they go undercover, or some?"

   "Yeah, yeah!"

   I made some popcorn and he set up the movie. I melted like half a cup of butter and poured on it. I brought the bowl and sat next to Mason. He placed my feet in his lap. "Goodness! Won't butter make your belly hurt?" I glared at him, "I like extra butter, thank you very much." Halfway through this movie, I started thinking about my pregnancy. I didn't do drugs, thankfully. I didn't put much strain on my body, but I did drink. I drank, not a lot, but I still drank. I had half a cup of beer. "Babe." I asked him, "Yeah?"

   "I drank at that party."

   "And..?"

  "I'm pregnant." He looked at me, "You didn't drink much, right?"

    "Not really."

  "You have nothing to worry about then."
   And then I thought about the symptoms I never had,
   "What if that test was wrong?"

  "Why?"

   "Well, usually they come out all kinds of crazy answers."

   "Why don't you call your doctor and find out?" Why didn't I think of that! I got up and walked to the bedroom. "You want me to pause it?"

   "No!" I dialed my doctor's office number. "Hi, I would like to speak to Dr. Cagle."

   "Please hold, while I connect you to her line."

   "Yes ma'am."

  "Hello, Dr. Cagle" She answered. "Hi, this is Sierra Dean. I wanted some more information about the birthcontrol shot."

   "Yes?"

  "Well, I want to know the percentages of pregnancy, and such."

   "Well, the shot actually stops your ovulation, so pregnancy is highly uncommon. Especially with people your age."

   "I took a test and it said I'm pregnant. I haven't had any symptoms or grown at all. Can I come in for some bloodwork?"

   "Yes, that works. You're due for another shot by the way. I'm going to re-connect you to the office to schedule your appointment."

    "Yes ma'am, thank you." That's a wave of releif. "Hi, can I schedule and appointment?"

   "Yes ma'am. What day would work best for you."

   "Whenever I fit into the time."

  "Sunday morning at eight?"

    "Great. Should I call saturday night?"

   "We'll send you a messege. Thank you, have a great day." She hung up. I sat in Mason's lap, "Guess what?"

   "My balls are crushed?" He laughed and I kissed his cheek.

      "No, pregnancy is highly unlikly, right now." He faked a smile. "Well, that's good." I can see the dissapointment in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

  "I thought, that we could be a family."

  "One day. I'm not ready for this right now." He sighed, "I know."

   "I love you." He kissed me, "I love you."