Part 2- Chapter 31

"I hate these damn things!" I yelled trying to get out of his truck. "Sierra, wait on me." Mason hurried to the my side on the truck and helped me down, he held me until I got my crutches situated. "Calm down, it's gonna be okay. You'll be back on your feet soon." He smiled at me. "What if they come back?"

    "They're in prison."

  "How's Cade."

    "They have him under Whitless Protection. We have to go to court next month and see what we do."

   "Are we going to be in trouble?" He opend the door open and walked me into the lobby. "You did nothing wrong. We just need to go about with our studyin' and Christmas is only two days away. They say it might snow on Christmas this year."

   "Maybe."

  We got to my apartment and Kourtney answered the door, "Hi!" She squeezed me. "I'm so glad you're okay! I better not crowd you, but be careful okay. I love you." She kissed my cheek and left. Alright? Mason smiled at me.

   "You want anything? A drink? Some soup?"

   "No, I'm fine." I hobbled to the bedroom and grabbed my clothes then made my way to the bathroom. I sat on the toliet and taped a bag around my leg so I won't get water onto my bandage.  "Need some help?" Mason opened the door. "No, no Mason, I got it." He nodded and left. I don't mean to yell at him, but this is really pissing me off.

                Mason's P.O.V

   "Need some help?" I asked her. "No, no Mason, I got it." She yelled. I don't know what to do. This is all my fault and she is just shutting me out. I heard a thud and I instantly ran in there. I found her lying on the floor of the shower. I hurridly cut the shower off, put a towel on her, and helped her sit up. She started crying, "Stop! I just want to do something myself!" She wiped her face. "I know, I'm sorry, but you can't! Not yet Sierra. Stop shutting me out and let me help you." My voice was breaking. "I don't want you to feel like you have to babysit me, or have a guilt." A guilt? "Guilt?"

   "Yeah, since something happend to me, you feel bad like it's your fault so you're trying to make it right." This is my fault. Why doesn't she see the bad in me? "No, stop. I don't want to do it because I feel guilty, I want to because I love you. You're my girl, if this happend to me, you'd be here for me. Just let me please." She sobbed and wiped her face. I did this to her. I hurt her. I can't take it back. She doesn't know why she was involved. She doesn't think I'm the bad guy. This woman is the other half of me.

    "Thank you." She spoke softly as I helped her into her pajama pants. I pulled my shoes, pants, and shirt off, then layed next to her. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you." She mumbled back.

   She rolled over to face me and layed her head on my chest, then she wrapped her arm around my body and pulled me closer. I layed my hand on he back and ran my fingers up and down it. I laughed when I felt her goosebumps and she smiled at me.

   "How are you?" She asked. How am I? You were just beaten, couldn't help yourself, and now you're asking me how am I? Woman. "Why would you ask me that?"

   "Just everything you been through. I never got the chance to ask you."

   "Darlin', it's what you have been through. I was just the driver and scared to death for my girlfriend, but now she's okay and I'm happy. To answer your question of how I'm doing. I'm better now. How are you."

   "Sleepy."

   "Then go to bed silly." She smiled and I kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes and drifted off.

   I have put this girl through so much shit, and yet she's still here. She still loves me, why? What is possesing her to stay? Whatever it is, I'm glad it's there. If she left me, that's it I'm done for. I stared at the ceiling and I heard her mumble, "I know what you're thinking, it's not your fault. You saved me, I'm here with you and I am okay. Stay with me."

   That's all it took, for me to come back to her. She was here. She was breathing. She was right next to me. I couldn't ask for anything else. I don't know where my life is going or where I'm headed, but all I know now is that I want her in my life. I want her here to stay.