Capter 45

Why did he say that? I'm not sure what all he means? Should I ask him? I gently shook him and he mumbled, "What did you mean by that?"

 "It means that I love you. I really love you. I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me." He snickered. I layed my hand on his scruffy beard and played with it. "I love you." I spoke softly. "I love you." He smiled.

   "You have dimples!"

  "Yeah?"

    "I never knew you had them."

  "The beard." He smiled lightly.

   I woke up and got dressed. I kissed Mason on the cheek and whispered, "Bye Baby." He mumbled in his sleep.

   "So when you have different..." Mr. Sneed can talk the day away. I tried participating as much as I can. I felt my phone vibrate so I checked it.

   *Where are you?!* Mason sent me.

  *School, then work.*

    *Oh shit, yeah I forgot. Okay, I love you. :) *

  * :* I love you. *

   "Ms. Dean, since you are so interested in your phone, can you tell us what is the tool you use when comparing genetics and probabilities?"

   "I thought this was Astronomy?"

  "It is, but let's take you back to ninth grade, since you act like you're in it." Wow, seriously?

   "Punnet square."

"Good, put your phone away. I'd like to see you after class." What the hell?

   "Can this hurry? I need to get to work." He nodded and stared down at his desk. "Professor Sneed, why do you need me? I have to go!" He stared down at his papers, never speaking. I groaned loudly and started to walk away. I felt his eyes on me as I made my way to the door. "Dinner?" I heard him say behind me. "Excuse me?"
   "Come to dinner with me and we'll discuss this problem." He smiled shly. "Are you serious?"

   "I heard you slept with your old professor." What?!  I stared at him, "What? You can't say stuff like that to me. Goodbye." I walked out of the door. I sat in my truck and called Mason.

  "Hey!"

    "I hate this damn professor! Mason I am not kidding! He brought up us."

   "Us?"

  "Yeah, he said, 'I heard you slept with your old professor.' Who says that shit? Who told him?"

    "Who told him? What the fuck. I'm coming down there tomorrow."

    "No don't, but that really makes me mad." I heard Mason sigh, "What's his name?" What?

   "Mr. Sneed."

  "Fuck I know him. I'll handle it okay."

   "Okay." He hung up. What? How does he know him? I texted him, *How do you know him?*

   *Long story, I'll tell you when you get home.*

   "Hey girly!" Mr. Judd slung his arm over my shoulder. I can smell the whiskey on his breath. "Go on! Get up there!" He yelled over the voices, and away I went.