Chapter 39

I know I'm not pregnant, but I didn't want Mason to keep talking. He looks much calmer now. He's relaxed. His shoulders are slumped and his face neutral. We pulled into the store parking lot. "Just to be safe." He looked at me. "Safe? Mason." He got out the car. I sat here. If I was, would he just want to stay with me, because I'm pregnant. That's what freaks me out.

                  Mason's P.O.V

  I walked up and down the isles. Holy fuck, what if she is pregnant? What am I going to go? I want kids... When I'm older. This is just scary though. I mean a baby. I'm alright, but she's in college. I'm terrified for her. Even if she was pregnant, I'd love her either way.

   "Expecting?" The stout lady at the cash register asked me. "I don't know. That's to help me find out." She glanced at the test then back at me, "Unexpected babies are loved the same as a planned child." She smiled. "To be honest. I'm scared shitless. She's in college."

   "Same with my first child. Thank goodness my husband was the dean." The dean of the college? What the fuck?

   "The dean?"

  "Yeah, he was only fourty something and I was twenty-three." I nodded and took my things. I looked through the window at Sierra. She was on her phone and wiping her eyes. I sprinted towards the car. She saw me and hung up. We drove in silence.

    Sirens boomed all around us and I pulled over for a couple of cop cars. "What the hell?" I mumbled and Sierra leaned up in her seat. I eased onto the road and she layed back down. She probably is upset. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. "I love you."

   "Yeah." Was what I got back. "Please say it back." I practically begged you. "I'm really upset. The script, this, and the things you have said. You just don't understand." I held her hand and kissed the back of it, "I know I fuck up alot, but who doesn't? We all make mistakes babe." She sighed.

   She hasn't said anything since the car ride. She's hurt I know. She's taking the test right now. I'm sitting at the bathroom door with my back against it. I hear the toilet flush and I wait. I wait until this door opens.

                 Sierra's P.O.V

   My heart is pounding. I am terrified. This is crazy. I don't know what to do. I'm waiting until this gives me my answer. I heard Mason move outside the door and it opens, "Hey." He said. "Hi." I spoke. "I just want things to be the same." I nodded at him. He sat down in front of me and we waited together. I looked on the tiny screen and seen a plus sign. My heart stopped. Mason stood up and looked at it. He smiled and hugged me. "We're going to start our own family!" He seems excited, but I know it's an act. I threw it away and walked out of the bathroom. I am not ready for a baby. I'm in college. I don't make much money. What the hell? Why is this happening. I went to my room, got under the covers, and I cried.

    Mason walked into the bedroom, "Still up for dinner?" He said and smiled. I sat up and looked at him. He sat down next to me and hugged me, "I'm actually pretty excited. I get to be a dad." I know he's not lying. His eyes are much brighter. I smiled at him, "I am ready for dinner. I'm eating for two." He smiled bigger.