Chapter 41

"You're just going to feel a little prick." The nurse told me. "Look at me." Mason smiled, "Do you want to go get some lunch after this? We could go Bowling..." I felt a prick in my arm, and I yelped. I watched the line to the bag fill up with a red liquid. "Ow, that really hurts."

   Mason laughed, "I kind of want to go Bowling."

   "Eh."

  "We can go with Ashton and Sidney?"

   "Mhm." The nurse laughed at my awkwardness and Mason joined her. "One..." She started counting. She pulled the needle out on two. "Ouch!" She smiled and placed a cottonball then a weird bandage over it. "Better?" Mason asked me, "I feel like a vampire drained me." He laughed. "Are you ready for your birthcontrol shot?" I nodded and then I bent over the table. She then pulled the side of my pants down. I looked at Mason, making an abrupt face. That made me nervous. I felt a prick and then stinging followed. "All done. Now the test will come in the next week or two. We'll call you when they do. Thank you, and have a great day." She left the room.

       ***

   Another lecture... Second class of the day, my second favorite class, English Literature. It's been two weeks since I went to the Doctor and they still have yet to call me. Mason and I's relationship is back the way it use to be, still no sex though. He wanted to wait to actually find out, I guess he thinks it'll hurt the baby. The dismissal brings me out of my thoughts and I am taken to a new world today, Astronomy. Astronomy for short, the class is actually titled this huge long statement. Mason smiles at me as I push the door open and walk to my seat. Sidney is already there smiling brightly at me. "Hey!" She screached. "Hey." I smiled. Sidney and I have grown quite close. Kourtney just ran off the face of the earth. She is probably busy in her studies. Mason clapped his hands loudly. "So, today is the last day of the semester. Which also means, it's my last day being involved in this class." What? He looked at me and nodded. "I have been evaluated and I'm ready to be an actual teacher. However, I want to start out teaching smaller classes in highschool and such. With that being said, let's begin." I couldn't focus today. Why didn't he tell me? "Ms. Dean? Do you have an input? You haven't spoke in much on the discussion."

   "Oh, um. I'm alright. I just want to listen today."

   "Alrighty then, class dismissed. Talk amongst yourselves the rest of the period." He sat down at his desk and the teacher in the back came to talk to him. "Are you okay?" Sidney asked me. No, I'm not. I feel like I have to vomit. There's a pit in the depth of my stomach, or maybe that's the baby... "Yeah, excuse me for a moment." I got up and left. I searched for a restroom nearby. I eventually found one and vomited. Mason texted me,

  *Are you okay?*

    *Fine. Just sick*

  *Okay, I'm sorry. I love you.*

     *I love you*

    I made my way back to the classroom and Mason stared at me until I sat down. "You're really pale. Are you sure you're okay?" Sidney asked me with a concerned look, "Yeah, I'm just a little sick."

   "I hope you feel better."

  "Thank you." I grabbed my belongings and walked out to my truck. Mason crep up behind me, "I should've told you."

   "Was it because of the baby?" He shook his head, "No, I'm just too young to be a professor."

   "It's your life baby. Just live it how you want, okay? I'm going to support you either way." He smiled and hugged me. My phone rang and I pulled out of his embrace. "Hello?"

   "Hi Ms. Dean, this is Dr. Cagle. We received your results, and it shows that you are not pregnant. You aren't ovaulting. Unprotected sex is okay for now. However the shot does not protect you from any sexual transmitted disease. Also, the shot you are taking is showing significant impact on your reproductive organs. We'd like for you to switch to the pill." I looked at Mason and he watched me intently, "Thank you so much. Have a great afternoon."

  "You too, dear."

   "So?" Mason looked at me. "I'm not pregnant!" I hugged him, it took a few seconds for his hands to rest on my back. "That's great. I was actual hoping you were though."

   "We can try later in life?" He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I actual want to be married before I have kids."

  "Old fashion, huh?"

  "Yes sir." He smiled and I got into my truck.

   I searched through the freezer. I am starving. Mason still hasn't got home. I tried texting and calling him, but he hasn't answered. Ashton texted me earlier wanting me to stay the night tonight, I guess I will. I took a shower, dryed, and straigtend my hair. I put on a pair of blue jeans and a blue long sleeve. I put my boots on, grabbed my keys and phone, and headed out the door. On the way I told Ashton I'm coming, though I haven't told Mason.

   I parked and walked to the steps. I walked up the stairs into the house and made my way to Ashton's room. I knocked and he greeted me, "Let's get a drink and relax." I smiled. We walked down the stairs and grabbed a drink. He chose a beer and I went with a fruity drink. We walked outside to the fire and met up with Brody and a girl. I seen her sitting on someone's lap and to my suprise, it was Mason..