Chapter 99

Mason's P.O.V

   It's Dark in here. Only a tiny, faint light glistens the end of the hall.
   I hear screaming, cries of the Innocent.
    And yet, it's a familiar voice.
The voice I fell in love with.
I continued my journey down this never ending hallway. Doors plaster both sides of me. I'm getting closer to the light.
   The light reflects from the open door on the right.
  The screaming gets louder and pierces my ears. It hurts. Not the Fucking scream, but the fucking voice.
   I hear another cry. A much smaller and fainter cry.
        Somehow I know.
       I just know..
  I ease up to the door. I peaked around the corner and my fucking Heart ripped out m fucking Chest.
    "Mason!" She screamed.
  Tied up and sprawled out on the bed. Screaming and crying for me.
   Our baby, dangling from the fingers of the monster above her.
  "Baby, help." She squealed.
    I can't move.
      I can't save her or my child.
         I just watch as Oblivion takes over.
        It's on a fucking loop.
  The Devil turned to face me, Richie. He crawled off the bed with my child still dangling from his fingertips.
   "She's far too Gone." He whispered.

     "Baby, wake up!" A voice pulled me from my nightmare. Sierra sat in my lap and had each of my wrists in each one of her hands. I looked at her, my first reaction took over. I held her, and I cried.
  "It's okay Mason, I'm here."
She's here. She Is Here.
  I'm calming but she isn't letting go. She knows I'm distraught and she is not leaving.

    "How about some breakfast?" I nodded and leaned up but she eased me back down.
   "Let me cook for you." She smiled and I lied back down. She swun one leg off me and got off the bed.
   I'm extremely relaxed. I shouldn't be, but I am and it was because of her.
   I hear pans rattle and sizzling of bacon or sausage? "Ow!" She yelled and I jumped to lean up. "I'm okay!" She recovered.
   She appeared in the doorway of the bedroom. "I'm okay Mason, relax." She flashed her beautiful smile and disappeared.  
    She walked in the room with a tray of food. Her tounge hung out of her mouth and she concentrated on not dropping it. She looks so cute, so beautiful, my Sierra.
   I sat up and she sat down the tray in my lap. Bacon, Waffles, and orange juice. My favorite. She sat down next to me and smiled.
   "You're not eating?"
"I'm not hungry." She replied.
   "Here."
  "No thank you Mason. Is it good?"
   "You tell me."
  "I'm not going to eat if I'm not hungry."
    "Sierra."
  "Stop." I did, and I ate.

***

    Water turned on and I listened to her shower. Her soft voice echoed off the bathroom walls as she sang her sweet, sweet songs.
   Her phone lit up and rang. Unknown number displayed across the screen. I answered.
   "Hello?"
  "Hello, this is Tom Rians, I'm the Head Commissioner over at 'Lavark's printing and publishing. Is Miss Sierra Tucker available?" Lavark's printing and publishing? Miss?
   "Uh, she isn't available at the moment can I take a message?"
  "You may, please tell her, her interview please and exceeded our standards, if she could to please give us a call back. We hope to see her soon as soon as she is well enough."
   "Who are you talking to?" She echoed.
  "I sure will. Have a nice day." I quickly spoke and ended the call. I layed her phone back on the nightstand and she walked out the bathroom door with my shirt on and pajama pants.
   "Hi!" She flashed her sly smile. Not today Sierra, not today.
  "Hi." I replied and watched her apply moisturizer just as she does everytime she showers.
   "Are you alright, you seem a little tense."
"I'm fine Miss Tucker." She smiled for a moment and then her brow furrowed.
   "Miss Tucker?"
"That is your name isn't it?  Miss Sierra Elizabeth Dean Tucker."
   " The Mrs. Sierra Elizabeth Dean Tucker." She replied and I laughed.
  "Mason.." I interrupted her.
     "When were you going to tell me about the Interview?" Her shoulders tensed and she straightened herself.
   "It's nothing you should concern yourself with."
  "Nothing, I should concern myself with? Are you fucking kidding me?"
  "Okay, I didn't tell you about the Interview, because I wanted it to be a surprise and that you would be happy for me!"
   "I am happy for you! Why is your name Miss?"
"Because, I don't feel like myself, so I didn't change it yet."
   "You didn't feel like yourself? That's the bullshit you're going to feed me? When a man marries a woman and gives her his last name he is showing off his accomplishments and what's his."
  "What's his? I'm not a piece of property Mason!"
  "Dammit Sierra! I gave up everything for you! My house, my friends, my everything for you! The least you can do is wear a damn ring and become a Mrs." I turned around from her and grabbed my hair.
   "You gave up everything Mason?"
  "Yes."
     "Look at me." I dropped my hand and turned to her.
   "I am pregnant Mason. I gave up my schooling that I worked so damn hard for! I gave up my family! My friends! My job! I am giving you a baby and you freak out because I didn't tell you about some interview or changed my name."
   "Fuck it Sierra! You not changing your name shows me something. It shows that you don't fucking care about me! That you still want to be single and fuck around. I devoted myself to you."
   "I'm giving you a baby, isn't that enough?" What the fuck?
  "Isn't that enough that you're giving me a baby? Did you really fucking say that?" She shook her head and walked closer to me. "No Mason, I didn't..."
    I am about to release a fucking rage inside me, and I shouldn't put it on her. I need to leave.
   "Baby don't."
  "Since you're giving me fucking baby, obviously what you never wanted. I don't want anything to do with you anymore!" I screamed.
   I can't see straight, I slammed my fist into the fucking wall on my way out. She's giving me a baby, not us, me.
   Isn't that enough? Rang in my head, in my mind.

   I am going bat shit Crazy.