Chapter 13

Is this really happening? What the hell? I walked away from them, knowing he didn't notice me. I called Kourtney as soon as I got outside. "Hey Kourt, can you pick me up?" I'm sure she heard the hurt in my voice, "Is everything okay? Where are you? I'm leaving now." I looked up on the neon sign at the building, "Giovannis." I heard her car door open through the phone, "I'll be there in ten."

  I walked around to the back of the building, that way if Mason came looking for me, he can't find me. I texted Kourtney.

   *Park behind it.*

  "Hey girl, Hop in." Kourtney smiled at me sticking her head out the window. I walked around to the passenger side and got in. "So what happend?"

   "Well, Mason and I were eating dinner and the girl at the table across from us was staring at him. I told him and he turned to nod at her. Like seriously? So then I went to the bathroom and I came back and they were talking. A good talk too, his face was inches from hers."

   "Do you think he knew her?"

  "No, he would have told me if he did."

   "Well alright then. If you want my advice, I would talk to him about it."

  "No, stop right there. He should have said, 'oh thats my friend' or something. I just... I don't know."

   "Well."

    I woke up to my phone ringing "Hello?" Mason's voice filled the phome. "Where the hell are you? I have been worried sick! Did you fucking leave? What the fuck?"

  "Stop. I'm tired okay. I'll call you in the morning."

   "No! What the hell? You just fucking left me?"

   "Wow really? After seeing you about to freaking kiss another girl, what the hell am I suppose to do. Just say, 'Hey babe. I see ya'll are about to kiss. I'm just gonna go home.' Is that what you wanted me to say?" His voice got louder. "First of mother fucking all. We were not about to kiss. I don't even know why in the blue fuck would you say shit like that. Second of all you shouldn't have left me there by my god damn self." I'm not arguing with this man at eleven o' clock at night. "Alright. Goodnight."

   "No, not goodnight. Tell me what the fuck is your problem?" I hung up the phone. He really needs to calm down and not yell at me like that.

   I dressed in a silver loose fitting long sleeve with a dark blue pattern up the side and jeans. Simple, but cute. I did my make-up matching and curled my hair. Not too bad Sierra, not too bad.

   I pulled into the science building parking lot. I am not looking forward to my last class of the day. When I walked in, I seen the girl from the resturant, leaning over his desk with her breasts hanging out. And him staring at them, and trying to focus back on the paper. I didn't realize how long I was standing there until Sidney bumped into me. "Are you alright?" She pulled me out of my betrayal daze. "Yeah, uhm. Okay." She smiled at me and we walked to our seats. I kept feeling Mason's eyes on me, but I stared down at my paper only listening. "Ms. Dean, do you have anything you would like to add to this topic. You have been awfully quiet today." Really Mason? You are some kind of asshole. "No, no I don't. They have said it all." I gestured to the class.  "Well, may I see you after class?" This one girl behind me started making that 'oo' noise like in elementary school. Seriously chick, don't mess with me today. I am already on the edge. "I have to be at work soon. I'm afraid I can't stay." He nodded, I knew he was hurt but trying to hide it. "Perhaps two minutes is enough?" I nodded and looked back down at my notes.

   I started piling my notebook and papers into my bookbag when he approached my desk, "Can we talk?" I heard him say but I never looked up. "No." I mumbled and put on my bookbag. He looked into my eyes as I stood up, "Please. This isn't a big deal." Did he just say that to me? "Not a big deal. Her breasts were out and you were staring at them. While talked you focused on her lips as if you were swallowing every individual word she was saying. So I think talking is not important right now." His eyes set me a blaze, "You are fucking kidding me. When a chicks tits are out, of course a guy is going to look. I was a foot from her mouth so I could hear her. What kind of professor acts like he wants to fuck his students?"

   "What?" His eyes were filled with despair, "No I didn't mean that. I just got mad." I just nodded, "Well you did. I mean it's okay because now you won't have to." I spoke softly and headed towards the door. Those words coming out felt like a dagger in my heart. "Stop. You don't mean that." He grabbed my arm. I pulled away, "I did." I left him there. Pretty shitty of me and shitty of him. We are a messed up kind of couple. My phone was going off like crazy, but I didn't care. I couldn't see the road because my eyes were filled with tears. I have work today, and I have to go in there like this, great.

   I checked myself in the rearveiw mirror, not too bad, but I could do better. I grabbed my old Gibson and headed for the door.

   "Hey girly." Judd said squeezing me in for a hug. "Hey."

   "What's the matter?"

   "Nothing." I lied. "Just ready to play." I played my heart out on that stage tonight. I am pretty sure I had some people crying from the movement of the song.

   After I was finished, I looked up and the crowd was on fire. I walked to the bar, "Hey Mrs. Terry, can I get some water?" She smiled brightly, "Of course you can doll. Are you alright? That song was very emotion-packed." I smiled and nodded. She gave me my water and I sat on the stool. "Great song." A familiar voice behind me said. "Thanks."

    "Please, don't do this to me Sierra."

  "Well, what am I suppose to do? Step back and watch my boyfriend be all over another girl?"

   "That is not what happend Dammit! Please, just listen to me."

   "You have sixty seconds."

   He spoke fast, "She is my student. She asked me about the work and I told her, but I couldn't hear her. So I got closer. And yes, I was looking, but what guy wouldn't. About the student thing, you know I didn't mean that. I love you."

   I didn't even want to speak. I don't know if he was right or wrong. All I have to do, is get through this semester, before I can switch classes.