Chapter 60

I took a bath and lied down in the bed. It's thursday night. I had a super long night at work, it was emotion packed. I'm barely getting by. All I do is think about him and cry. I'm still wearing his white t-shirt. I can still smell him. It's colder in here than usual.. Because his body heat isn't here, he's not here.. That kills me. I'm tearing up thinking about him.

   I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of wine. I sat down at the table, sipped my wine, and wrote. I don't know what exactly I wrote. I let my mind take me and my fingers follow..

    I woke up to the front door slamming. I slightly looked up at the man I love, standing before me.

   "Hi." He got out.

  "Can I help you?" I mumbled and picked up my wine bottle, it's almost empty. My head hurts, how much did I drink.

   "I came to apologize." He looked at me.

  "Really?" I spoke harshly.

  "Yes, and if you'd let me explain, maybe you'd take me back." Is he serious? Wow, what is this. I nodded towards the chair infront of me and drank my last bit of wine.

    "I was involved with some bad people in the past, you know that." He began. "But, they needed me to come and work or else they would hurt you. I couldn't let that happen to you, so I left." He held his breath.

   "How did you get out?"

  "I found them a new guy to sell." I nodded and leaned back. "I read it." He looked at me, "Well?"

  "I didn't know, you felt so much for me and you explained things."

   "I love you more than anything in the world." He grabbed my hand, his touch is sending fire through me. He looked at my fingers, "You still have it on."

   "I never lose faith." With that, he looked up and leaned across the table to kiss me.

                  Mason's P.O.V

    After I helped her into bed, I walked to the kitchen table to clean up. I threw the wine bottle away, I hate it when she drinks. I put her acoustic back into it's case and set it in the corner. I looked down and saw a paper lying there, on the counter. Lyrics.

    I hate feeling pain. I hate feeling hurt.
   I hate not being sane. I hate being broke.

   I stopped. I can't read it anymore. I sat it back down and walked into the bedroom and lied down. I love how as soon as I get in there she grabs me. I love how she is wearing my shirt and rings. I love her. Her simplicity, beauty, and personality. All elegancy, just for me. Just mine. I know she is still upset, but this is the start of the healing process, and I will do my best. That's for damn sure. 

   I felt her jolt awake, instantly I sat up and grabbed her. It's raining hard, It's shaking the whole apartment. "It's just a storm." I calmed her. "I'm here, it's okay. I'm not going anywhere. It'll pass babydoll." I felt her shoulders relax and I layed down with her. I watched her, calming her, until she drifted off. The rain kept a steady beat, and soon it pulled me to sleep.