Chapter 61

"It's so yucky outside." I told Mason as I got into his truck. He laughed and crunk it. "So, the wedding is still on right?" He asked me, "I guess?"

   "Good, we have to pick out a color scheme."

   "I didn't think you were into all this planning."

  "I'm not, I want you happy. We're going to do this the right way. This is our only wedding." He snickered at me.

   "I thought our colors could be teal and gray? Since teal is my favorite color and gray is yours. They also go together and give it a classy look." I asked him and he smiled.

  "That would look nice. I don't think we need to get too classy. I was thinking for the location, we could do a rustic barn look, or an outdoor wedding."

   "What would you want?" He glanced at me, and then he looked at the road, "I want to get married on the beach." I sat there awkwardly. Beach weddings are too expensive and it will be really hot. "Although it would be really hot, so that wouldn't be good." He read my mind.

   "I like the barn idea."

  "Yeah, we could have gray table cloths and teal flowers in mason jars as the center peices. We could do an antler chandelier. Ribbons and shit on the walls. I want a full out big wedding."

   "Can we afford it?" He laughed, "Honey, we have a lot of money saved up. We can fly to italy and get married and have a honeymoon in Australia." Really?

  "We do not have that much money."

  "I use to deal. I made bank. I saved up, now there is no better way to spend it. Besides, you have saved up quite a bit too."

   "Where are we going today?"

  "Wine tasting, and don't get to drunk." He snickered.

    "This is our Sh'Warde.." The woman spoke in a deep accent. I tasted the dark purple wine and and almost spit it up. I have had over fifteen glasses of this stuff. I had already chosen, but Mason said we need to try all of them. "And last is our famous red wine." She poured it into my glass and I sipped.

   "I liked one of the clear, yellowish ones." He told her. She nodded and smiled. "The Boudre', my favorite as well." She brought a wine bottle and poured it into our nes glasses, which I wasn't aware we got. I sipped and it tickled my mouth. Sweetness took over along with a zing. "Yeah, that's it for me." Mason smiled and me and I nodded at him. "This one." He told her.

   "Is that the.." he interrupted me, "Yeah, the wedding wine." He smiled.

   I fell onto the bed and sprawled out. Mason smiled at me and walked into the bathroom. It's raining again. I hear it hitting the roof. Thunder is making the apartment shake. I looked out the window and lightning was striking, so I ran to the bathroom. "Mason! Don't take a shower!" I pulled the door open. He was dressed only in his boxers about to get in. He reached down and cut the shower off. "What?" He asked.

  "It's lightning. Don't take a shower."

  "Why, what will happen?"

  "I don't know, ever since I was a kid, my mom told me not to shower in a storm." He shook his head and laughed. "I think your buzzin'."

   "I think you're crazy." I told him and walked out.
  He wandered back into the bedroom with his boxers on and he lied down on the bed next to me, "Playing it safe." He folded his arms and put them behind his head.
  I looked at him as he stared at the ceiling, listening to rain stomp against the walls and windows. "Just a storm." He whispered and grabbed me.