"You're going to be in Nashville and I'm going to be in New York. That's a three-hour plane ride apart," I shrug. "What are we going to do?"

"We're going to work through it," he tells me, stroking my hair gently.

"You're willing to do long distance?" I ask the question I had been dreading the answer to.

He grins, "I did not just give that speech in front of all those people for you to break up with me in four months. I'm in this for the long ride."

"The long ride, huh?" I ask teasingly.

"You can't get rid of me that easily," he smirks, stepping back onto the grass to go back to the marquee.

Before I can step off the patio to follow him a figure comes out of the marquee and heads straight for us.

"I can't believe you just did that in front of everyone," a sobbing Summer whines to Nathan, mascara smeared down her cheeks.

I'm still on the step with Nathan in front of me as he looks over at her, "You can drop the act Summer, you're not getting any sympathy from me anymore," he tells her in an almost bored tone.

Her sobs come to an abrupt halt and her heartbroken expression turns deadly, "You are supposed to be my friend and you're choosing her over me?"

He lets go of my hand and fully faces her. I stand behind him, still on the step above him, and place my arms around his shoulders, giving him some moral support. And maybe rubbing it in her face because I'm petty like that. "Yes, I am," he replies confidently, "And I should have a long time ago. We're not friends Summer, you lost that privilege when you messed with my relationship," I squeeze my hands around him, letting him know that I'm there with him. "You manipulated me into being your friend all these years and I've lost so many friendships over the years because of you in the hope that we would, what? Be together one day? I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

Her eyes are hard as she stares at us, "Fuck you, don't talk to me ever again.

"Did you miss everything he just said? You're canceled bitch," I reply seriously.

"Come on, babe, dinners ready," he reaches for one of my hands and we walk together away from Summer and her drama, hopefully for good.

His relieved smile watches me as we walk towards the marquee, "Is it wrong to say that felt good?"

I shake my head with a grin, "Nope." We walk into the marquee and the DJ has started playing music while people chat and mingle around the space. Waiters are already starting to clean up plates.

I laugh loudly when I spot Olivia and Sebastian belting the lyrics to All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo.

"And all my life I've prayed for someone like you," Olivia shouts along as she and Sebastian dance together.

"And I thank God that I, that I finally found you," Sebastian belts out making his friends whistle and cheer with laughter at their performance.

They sing together and my sides hurt from laughing as Sebastian twirls Olivia and attempts to dip her, resulting in dropping her on the floor accidentally.

Tessa keels over until she's on her knees, laughing with tears rolling down her cheeks. Sophie is recording the whole thing, not even bothering to contain her giggles. Maddie and Mia are spinning on the open space of the dance floor, throwing their hands in the air. Lilly and Quinn are standing to the side, their arms wrapped around each other as they watch the entertainment.

"You're all that I ever known, when you smile, on my face, all I see is a glow," Sebastian helps pick Olivia off the floor, a sheepish grin on his face.

Olivia, not one to break character carries on, "You turned my life around, you picked me up when I was down." Laughter comes around the group as she smacks him upside the head for dropping her.

Courtney walks up to us with a smile on her face. "Your mom wouldn't let us request any songs with vulgar words so it was this or Disney songs."

"I'm surprised you didn't go with the Disney songs," Nathan replies jokingly.

"Oh, don't worry, High School Musical is coming on after this," she laughs, pulling me over to the dancefloor. I keep my hand in Nathans as we follow her.

Olivia sees us and leaves Sebastian with his friends as she runs up to us, her arm stretched out towards me as the next song comes on. Huh, Courtney wasn't joking. "Take my hand, take a breath, pull me close, and take one step," Olivia sings to me with a grin. This was our jam when it first came out.

"Keep your eyes locked on mine
And let the music be your guide," I can't help but sing along as I take her hand and we waltz terribly around the room.

From where we're dancing I can see Sebastian and Nathan watching us with grins on their faces as we laugh and spin, just having an all-around good time. People are joining the dance floor and I even see my mom and dad swaying as they hold onto each other tightly.

They leave for their vacation next week and all I can think of is the planning we need to catch up on for next weekend.

"Wanna help me plan a party?" I ask Olivia with a smirk as we stop dancing. We walk over to Quinn and Courtney.

"Is that even a question?" She laughs leaning on Courtney who tries to shove her off but Olivia is holding on too tightly.

|| ** || ** ||

Until next time,

Sammipott xx