Chapter 52

Unedited!

Bit of a chill chapter since I had writer's block for this one...

Don't forget to leave a like and comment, I love to hear from you!

|| ** || ** ||

It's Friday after school and we're all sitting on the driveway, drawing with chalk. Maddie had informed us all as soon as we had gotten home that we are no longer allowed to talk about Rosie, one of her friends from school, because she wouldn't share her chocolate bar, after Maddie had already shared her chips. Safe to say the bitch is dead to us.

"I mean, who breaks a pinky promise?" Maddie throws her hands up in the air in frustration, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Mads, girl, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life," Sebastian tells her with a snap of his fingers, before going back to his chalk drawing.

"Don't worry Maddie, she'll be off the list for future birthday parties," Tessa says barely keeping her laughter quiet.

"Bass, what is that?" Maddie walks over to Sebastian, purple chalk covering her arms up to her elbows, and leans her head-on top of his head as he sits on the drive.

"It's a crocodile, obviously," he huffs, drawing lines with the green chalk.

She tilts her head to the side and closes one eye, "Are you sure?"

He looks at her offended, "Yes I'm sure! Look, there's its tail and that is its snout, not that you know what that is because you're basically a toddler," he mumbles, still pouting at her insult.

"I am not a toddler, and I know what a snout is!" she yells back, shoving his shoulder in a huff.

He chuckles at her drama and looks over at me with a grimace, "She's going to be the worst teenager, ever."

I nod with a laugh as I continue to color in my rainbow, Sophie grins as she draws her butterfly and Tessa... "T, is that a clown riding a skateboard?" I ask her confused as to what I'm looking at with wide eyes.

"Yup, Soph, throw me that red," she grins proudly, catching the red chalk with one hand.

"Damn, that's pretty good," I praise her. Sebastian sticks his tongue out at her childishly, but he quickly regrets that decision as she grabs it and pulls it. I lean back in disgust as Sophie lets out a loud 'Ew!'

"Ow, ow, ow!" He tries to yell but his words are garbled. She lets go after a few seconds and wipes her fingers on Maddie, making her squeal and run away, grossed out. "You're disgusting, that hurt!"

"Shame," she shrugs and carries on drawing.

"You just put chalk on my tongue!" He yells, grabbing the bottom of his t-shirt, and wiping his tongue on it.

"Sucks to be you," she replies uninterested.

"You are so gross," Sophie whispers to her with a horrified expression.

We hear a loud rumble coming from the street and see Olivia's dads' car cruising up the driveway and stops behind my car. Olivia hops out the car with her overnight bag, saying a quick goodbye to her dad as he backs down the driveway with a wave and a honk of his horn.

"He working tonight?" I ask absentmindedly.

"Yup, all weekend, so you're stuck with me," she grins, leaning down giving me an awkward hug and kiss on the cheek since I'm still sitting down.

Olivia sits down next to me and looks over our artwork as Sebastian smiles proudly, "What the hell is that?"

He scoffs, "It's a crocodile, babe," he looks at her with a hurt expression.