Quick steps

Ethan

I tried to call her several times and we were thinking about flying back in the morning but since we were such lucky people it started to snow so hard overnight that the streets were blocked and we couldn't take off. Meant we were stuck for a while.

What made me more crazy was that she wasn't picking up. She knew exactly what I was going to say and how angry I was. She was doing it on purpose but there was no way I was gonna let her run.

Sun

I woke up in Dean's bed without him. I rubbed my eyes and raised my arms into the air to stretch myself. I slept so well that I felt amazing until I heard my phone ring and saw dad's name on the display.

I thought about not picking up but he was probably going to lose it so I grabbed my phone and answered.

"Hey, Dad! How's it going?" I asked happily, hoping he wouldn't yell at me. "Hey, love. Everything is great. It's amazing here." he said and I felt relieved because he didn't sound mad at all. That made me feel really good.

Maybe he was going to handle it nicely. Even his voice was so calm and so soft. Italy was treating him good.

"That's good!" I said.

"Yeah, I know! Actually I just called to ASK WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" he screamed out of nowhere and I flinched. I sighed. I should've known that he wasn't going to be calm about it.

"Dad.. I can't explain it to you. It's nothing bad or serious like you guys are doing." I explained, getting to the point and that was probably a lie because it was serious and big.

I was trying to eliminate the guy who shot my dad and I couldn't explain that to him because if he would've know that I was chasing him like this he would've told me to leave it to him. And he probably would've just done the same to Mika's dad but I wanted more than that pain. I wanted embarrassed and disguise.

"Of course you can explain it to me! Sun, this is not a game. It's dangerous! One wrong move and something could happen to you, you know I would lose my mind."

I knew he was caring about me and he was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle this all but I was too mad to stop especially when I came so far. He would've never tried to understand the hate that I had towards Mika. I wouldn't have been able to live if I wouldn't have handled this. Nobody else should've done it. Only I.

"I know but I need to do this on my own." I said and I knew how upset he was. Even tho I couldn't see his face.. I knew he was disappointed but it wasn't the end of the world. "Tell me what it is about." he said and I took a deep breath.

"I can't. I really wish I could.. but I won't."

"This is not a game. It's really dangerous. Cancel it. Whatever it is; cancel it."

"Not until I'm done. You know I'd love to listen to you but not this time."

"You're never listening to me. You're always doing what's going through your head."

"That's probably because I'm like you. That's probably why I'm successful."

"..."

The silence proved me that I was right. No matter how much he didn't want to accept it, he knew I was right.

"Your mom and I are coming back as fast as possible." he said and hung up. That was enough to make me anxious. Not because I was afraid that he would come and yell at me or ground me. I was afraid he would cancel the mission or take it away from me before I could end it or come forward. I needed to hurry.