Her story

Moon

We sat down in the cafeteria not minding that we would miss the first period. This seemed more important and I wasn't really caring about school these days anyway. That didn't mean that she got all my attention.

She looked extremely nervous and terrified, but I wasn't sure if it was because of me or because of what she was going to tell me.

"Thank you.. for yesterday.." she started looking at the table instead of into my eyes.. "I don't know what would've happened if you wouldn't have been there.." then she looked into my eyes and I could see how broken she was. She was really tired.. and I kinda felt bad for her.

"I would never just watch you.. him doing that to you. No one deserves that." I said and she tried to smile. "So who is he?" I asked leaning in. Of course I wanted to know the person I almost killed. "My ex boyfriend." she answered after taking a deep breath and to be honest I wasn't surprised. "How old is he?" I asked because I knew very well that he was way older than her... She cleared her throat and answered "Twenty four.". I looked at her eyes wide open.

"I met him two years ago when I was fifteen." she started to tell me her story and I decided to listen without interrupting her because I was still a little shocked and it seemed interesting as hell.

"He told me that he is seventeen and I believed him because he seemed very young.. I had a crush on him.. well I met him in a coffee shop where I was always hanging out with my friends..." she looked past me and I could see that she went off in her memories.. that she could remember every detail.. Her smile was so painful...

"...and one day he came over to me.. he made me compliments and told me that he would like to get to know me.. I felt like he picked me out of everyone and that felt nice.. I felt special."

She took another deep breath like she was drowning and I couldn't even imagine where this was going.. I couldn't even imagine how hard it was for her to tell me that. I didn't want her to feel like she would have to do this.. I only wanted to know who he was but I also didn't want to stop her.

"We started talking.. for months.. on the phone.. until dawn.. we secretly met so no one would find out about us. Especially not my parents. They would've never allow me to have a boyfriend because I was so young.." . Then she looked at me again. »I was hiding him.. he made everything seem so beautiful in my eyes. I fell in love with him after all these months.". That reminded me of something...

"We started dating and I was so blind... I did everything for him.. everything. I bet you can imagine what kind of things.." she sighed and looked down totally embarrassed.. I clenched my jaw and didn't know what to think about it.. I probably knew what she meant but I didn't want to imagine it..

"I believed that he really loved me. But then my parents found out about him and told me to break up with him and stay away from him but I just couldn't.. so I ran away with him..". My jaw dropped. She had tears in her eyes. That bastard really made a fifteen years old girl run away with him. Who knew how he manipulated her.. how sick..

"We did everything together.. we lived together, we slept together.. we went out and all that stuff that couples do.." the tears rolled down her cheeks. Her voice started shaking.. I couldn't even say a word. I just wasn't sure what to do so I stayed silent..

"Still believing that he was seventeen like a dumbass... a year passed and then.. I found out that he cheated." her tears were unstoppable and her voice was filled with anger and hate... maybe more like sadness.. I could hear the pain in it. The hate for herself. "Actually he was cheating all the time.. I was just his 'underage side chick'" she added and pressured her lips together, trying to not start sobbing. "Just someone he had fun with.. someone who he was messing around with.. so disgusting." she shook her head and I furrowed my eyebrows. I could feel how my blood started boiling.