Big wounds

Dean

"Oh lord. Oh dear lord. Protect my granddaughter. Protect my family. Dear lord I'm begging you." her grandma said when she helped me to pick up Sun from the ground.

She could barely move. She could barely breathe. I already guessed what happened and if it actually happened than I was going to lose my mind but for now I needed to do anything to help her.

She wasn't bleeding. No injuries. Nothing. Luckily. When I heard the shot, my heart stopped for a second and when she screamed my soul actually left my body because I thought that she got shot. I can't explain what went through my head in that moment.

I've never felt like this before. The thought of losing her almost killed me too.

We helped her to sit back down. She was shaking.. not able to talk. She wasn't able to breathe right and I was afraid that it would kill her.

What I couldn't understand was; what happened to her? Why was she acting like she got shot when nothing happened to her? The possibility that she was playing was zero.

I sat down across from her like earlier, while her grandma got her a glass of water and a wet towel.

"Look at me.. only at me. Not at the ground." I said. I was afraid that she was going to faint and I knew she tried her best but she was shaking way too much and breathing way too fast. "Baby, look at me. Sun.." I added and even tho it took her a while she finally managed to look at me.

She seemed paralyzed and lost.. not exactly but I just couldn't find the right words.. she looked like she was dying. She was shaking but losing a bit of her energy with every second. I wasn't sure if I should feel relieved or be afraid.

I knew she wouldn't be able to explain or talk if I was going to ask her something so I didn't ask her anything. I didn't want to stress her with any questions. It was just scaring me. I didn't know what to do.

Her grandma came back and gave me the glass of water while she started to wet and cool her face with the towel. I helped her to drink a little bit but she didn't even want more than a tiny, tiny sip.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was about to go crazy. Seeing her like this was ripping me apart, especially because I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how I could help her when she wasn't injured and she couldn't tell me what was wrong.

I interlocked her hand with mine. Her hand was resting in mine when she just leaned back and let her head fall back.

My heart jumped to the galaxy and back because I thought she fainted but she squeezed my hand and put her other hand on her chest, starting to breathe like she couldn't breathe at all.. like she was trying so hard to get air into her lungs. She leaned back in and stopped breathing. I let her hand go and stood up. My heart was about to stop because seeing her like this felt like being punched into my stomach and my face at the same time and I regretted these past two-three days that I've wasted. My heart was bleeding but I needed to be strong for her and concentrate, although I was asking myself which one of them was laying outside there..

"It won't work like this." I said and picked her up to carry her on both of my arms because something inside me died with every second that passed. I got nervous and all I wanted was to take her to the hospital and take care of her but I knew what was happening out there..

"Be careful.." I heard her grandma say totally worried while she followed us. I thought that woman was going to get a heart attack.

I carried her to the living room and sat her down on the couch so I could sit closer to her. Luckily she stopped shaking but she kept breathing and crying in a way that made me wanna cry too.