Little lion

Moon

"I hate that he's loving her so much.." I admitted while my leg was still shacking of anger.. not able to hide the truth.

Skylar and I were sitting on the hood of my car somewhere near the beach. A small cliff with a view to the ocean. The waves were crashing back and forth, making loud noises that were almost louder than my thoughts..

"You said it.. He's loving her so much.." she said. I didn't react. I should be telling her to shut up because it's not true but it was true..

Of course I didn't want to believe that asshole.. but I was surprised and maybe a little impressed. I wasn't sure if he did and said these things because he didn't want me to fight him or because he was really meant it..

I knew him.. at least a little bit.. and he would've never apologized.. well that's what I thought. He would say rude and disgusting things that would make my blood boil and hate him even more than I already did.. but he didn't. He did the opposite and I saw that he was honest. The thought of me changing my mind about him made me crazy.

I was determined to hate him to death or until they would break up and he would just fuck off.. but when he said all these things... Well he didn't say anything that would change my mind or make anything better. He didn't gave me a vow. His words weren't golden and major but for me they meant a lot because it was about my sister and I saw the love for her in his blue eyes.

He was only thinking about her. Not about me and how angry I was. He didn't want to see her sad... that was all he wanted. He wanted to protect her and her feelings.

I knew that every douche could say that and try to proof his love for her and all that shit. Then why did I felt so uncomfortable and confused?

One side of me wanted to believe that he loved her as much as he said because I didn't want her to get hurt but the other side.. I knew he was lying because if he would love her that much he would've let her go. He would've realize what a damage he was for her and let her go so all her problems would disappear.

"Moon you can't always tear them apart. Let her live. Let her love. Let her make her experience." she said. She was right. I couldn't always tear them apart but I also couldn't let them be so close all the time.

I remembered what dad said. It would be okay if they would be texting and acting normal but they were ALWAYS together and that was too much for me. They were too close.

She was my little sister and I was going to protect her, no matter what.. and I wanted to see if she really loved and what was making their bond so strong. I wanted to see what kept them together although we all tried everything to keep them apart so many times..

I also knew that Sun was mad at me because I started a fight again but there was nothing I could do about it because my blood started boiling whenever I saw him... or them.

"Thanks again for taking Sun away from our fight today." I said not reacting to what she said before. "I knew it was going to escalate and she didn't have to see it. It really hurts her." she said and I ran my hand through my hair. I knew it hurt her.. and that hurt me.

I looked at Skylar.

The fact that she was caring and thinking so much about us. She really cared about me and Sun. I knew that and I really appreciated it. She was really supportive. She could've been standing there and watching us but she did the right thing. She took care of her and I appreciated that. I hated it when Sun saw these rude and savage sides of me.

When I looked into Skylar's eyes.. I couldn't explain what I felt in that moment.. I don't know if it was because of the waves, because of the sunset, because of her eyes or her smile but I felt that weird feeling in my stomach.. I knew what it was and this time it didn't make me nervous.