Awful jokes

Moon

It took aunt Charlie five minutes to came back. She was running and totally out of breath. Eyes wide open she said "He woke up." trying to catch her breath and my heart skipped a beat.

I looked at uncle Josh, also eyes wide open, not believing her words and he looked at me the exact same way and then I started running back inside as fast as I could..

Y/n

He gasped in pain and furrowed his eyebrows. He looked really really irritated while I stopped breathing and also couldn't feel my heart beating at all.. I was just looking at him, totally shocked and frozen while he was trying to breathe normally. He seemed like he ran a marathon..

When he got himself back together and started breathing normally again I was still totally frozen, not able to move an inch.

The nurses froze too. They looked at him as surprised and shocked as me and in the next second they ran to get the doc. I swallowed and started breathing again..

He seemed like he didn't know where he was.. like he was totally confused, asking himself why he was laying there. I was dying to find out what he was thinking, feeling and if he was still in pain but the knots in my tongue were making it impossible for me to talk. I couldn't get a word out and I didn't know what to say first.. I just kept holding his hand without even being aware of it because I couldn't feel any part of my body.

I was afraid that he would be overwhelmed if I would ask him something or do anything else but he didn't seem like he would be overwhelmed. He seemed more like nothing happened at all.. like he just woke up from a normal nap. He didn't look exhausted or hurt.. only a little tired.. that was making me worry. Like a lot. Nobody could be so chill after waking up from a coma..

A million thoughts were running through my head and then everything stopped.. he looked at me.

He blinked a few times and slowly furrowed his eyebrows.. he looked up and down at me like he was trying to notice something and I could feel how he slowly let my hand go and I got nervous.. I swallowed and he finally started to talk..

"Excuse me.." he said and I could feel my eyes burning.. I needed to hold my tears back.. how raspy, deep and raw his voice was made me so happy. Hearing his voice made me happy. It made my whole body shiver. I missed his voice so much and I wanted to hug him so bad but I was afraid that I would hurt him.

"Ethan I-.." I started with a shaking voice and tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks but he cut me off and asked "Who are you?".

And that was when my entire world just collapsed and my heart dropped to the seed of the earth.

My jaw dropped and I froze while he was looking at me, totally confused and irritated. I could feel my heart beating all over my body and the room started spinning.. my whole body just gone cold.. I thought I was dying.

He couldn't do this.. this couldn't be happening.. he couldn't be serious but he also couldn't be joking like this just after waking up from a coma. It's not like he got the time to think of something like that.. and besides that, he would've never done that..

Anxiety started crawling up my body and wrapping its huge, thick arms around me.. I started breathing faster and before I could say anything I could hear the door open again.

Moon entered and ran towards us.. he was out of breath and just as shocked as Charlie was a few minutes ago..

I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure if it was real or if I was dreaming and I was scared.. scared about this all.. scared that Moon was going to find out and blame himself more but I couldn't stop him.